Would like to change his avatar
I have this vague recollection that one of the 90s seasons (Megaranger?) had it's anniversary marked with a live event where they showed one of it's 'VS Series' entries in a cinema and had a Q&A with some of the cast afterwards.

Both Mega and Ginga had events like that, with both leading into re-releases of the DVD. I'm thinking that's all this news is about. (Event, DVD re-release.)

And the answer is...they are doing a special live event on September 1st called "Gathering The Tatsumi Siblings," based around a talk show featuring all five actors (yes, including Shibata) from the show.

And the answer is...they are doing a special live event on September 1st called "Gathering The Tatsumi Siblings," based around a talk show featuring all five actors (yes, including Shibata) from the show.

It would still be awesome to see ALL 5 RANGERS together in public.

D

Dr Kain

Lame, I guess it would be too much to expect Toei to actually put effort into a good Sentai show for a change.

Lame, I guess it would be too much to expect Toei to actually put effort into a good Sentai show for a change.

It's still better than (pointless) 10 YEAR AFTER specials (Hurricanger, Dekaranger, Go-onger... and most likely Gokaiger in 2021 (or 2022)).
Not to mention, given Shibata's (Daimon/Yellow) health, this is the only thing they could have done; unless, they completely recast Daimon for sake of special, which would have been terrible and insulting to fan.
I kind of wished Toei did this for other 90s Sentai and older.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah, maybe Nomi wouldn't have committed suicide if Toei had actually done this for something like Dairanger.

I haven't seen the Deka 10 years later thing but the Hurricaneger and Go-Onger ones were dumb. Then again, Go-Onger was just a **** show all together, so there was no way the 10 years later movie could have been any good.

As for Domon, they could have founds a way to make it work. Write his illness into the show and have Kyoko become Go Yellow in his place.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Go-Onger 10 YA was offensively bad. Go-Onger had a really nice ending for characters, both in-series and in VS Shinken. 10YA in comparison look like it was made as a joke. It doesn't feel like the show at all. Sho Aikawa actually wrote some alright episodes for Go-Onger, so I don't know what the hell he was thinking with this.

Deka 10 YA was better (and it actually started to feel like a show in the second half), but it still felt pointless and nowhere near actual show's quality.
Super Sentai Battle was a better returning cast story than any of 10YA.

I hope someone would take footage of the event, so we can at least see Shibata.
Him participating at all restored my hope for potential inclusion of GoGoV in Super Robot Wars. There are some issues people behind it would need to work out, but I think it's our best chance to hear the cast reprise their roles again.

Yeah, maybe Nomi wouldn't have committed suicide if Toei had actually done this for something like Dairanger.

I haven't seen the Deka 10 years later thing but the Hurricaneger and Go-Onger ones were dumb. Then again, Go-Onger was just a **** show all together, so there was no way the 10 years later movie could have been any good.

As for Domon, they could have founds a way to make it work. Write his illness into the show and have Kyoko become Go Yellow in his place.

As much as I like Kyoko, I REALLY don't like that idea; that's like if they use different actor for Daigo/ShiShiRanger for Dairanger 30th Anniversary (2023) Special, which would NEVER happen.
Beside, Kyoko was awesome as Zeek-Jeanne (bring that back!) and "briefly" as Red (in dream sequence in episode 45).
I do understand where you're coming from though.

I hope someone would take footage of the event, so we can at least see Shibata.
Him participating at all restored my hope for potential inclusion of GoGoV in Super Robot Wars. There are some issues people behind it would need to work out, but I think it's our best chance to hear the cast reprise their roles again.

I really hope it would come out on DVD/Blu-ray, though chances are slim, since talk show rarely gets released on physical media (I think); unless they are planning to release the show on Blu-ray (SD Upconverted, similar to Dekaranger).

Would like to change his avatar
I feel like you could still have Daimon as Yellow. You could write that, hey, the Anti-Hazard Suit helps ease his condition while transformed, or even make Go Yellow a drone he controls from Bay Area 55. I dunno, but you could do something! A problem is that Shibata has difficulty speaking, so I don't know if he'd be up for doing the voice-overs.

I just think replacements -- especially if it's something like one of their kids -- would be a cheap letdown.

It would be nice if Toei had the courage to do a reunion special for a team older than ten years, though. And a special that they have the courage to not piggyback on a newer show for. (Which I guess only Rider's been bad about.)

I'm not a Hurricaneger fan, but I thought only their 10 Years After was...well, I don't want to say "good." But it felt like a new Hurricaneger episode, it felt like a catching-you-up with the heroes, it felt like it was born out of love and interest and not just 'cause they could do it, which is how Dekaranger and (especially) Go-ongers's felt.

It would still be awesome to see ALL 5 RANGERS together in public.

All five took part in that variety show that covered Shibata's journey last year. Despite the depressing reason why they were together, it was more heartfelt than anything Toei would write for a new movie.

I feel like you could still have Daimon as Yellow. You could write that, hey, the Anti-Hazard Suit helps ease his condition while transformed, or even make Go Yellow a drone he controls from Bay Area 55. I dunno, but you could do something! A problem is that Shibata has difficulty speaking, so I don't know if he'd be up for doing the voice-overs.

I just think replacements -- especially if it's something like one of their kids -- would be a cheap letdown.

It would be nice if Toei had the courage to do a reunion special for a team older than ten years, though. And a special that they have the courage to not piggyback on a newer show for. (Which I guess only Rider's been bad about.)

I'm not a Hurricaneger fan, but I thought only their 10 Years After was...well, I don't want to say "good." But it felt like a new Hurricaneger episode, it felt like a catching-you-up with the heroes, it felt like it was born out of love and interest and not just 'cause they could do it, which is how Dekaranger and (especially) Go-ongers's felt.

All five took part in that variety show that covered Shibata's journey last year. Despite the depressing reason why they were together, it was more heartfelt than anything Toei would write for a new movie.

I forgot about that special. My bad. lol

The only way Daimon would come back in action, is if they released novel or manga, similar to Kamen Rider; granted it's not the same as TV special/movie. Takegami (main writer) did wrote UltraSeven Evolution novelization, so it's somewhat possible. Though, there hasn't been Sentai novelization since Shinkenger and Hurricanger that came out few years ago; I guess those didn't sold very well to warrant more series.
I also thought about Drama CD, similar to Kamen Rider Blade, which came out 10 years after the show in 2015, though given Shibata's voice, that's also seems unikely.

Beside Tatsumi Brothers, I'm curious who else is gong to show up. I would like to see Mike Maki (Professor Mondo; Brother's Father) or Yuko Miyamura (Kyoko) as surprise guest!