D

Dr Kain

The start of the first episode is kinda slow, but I'm not one to judge on an intial episode but I can't go on watching knowing that not even a quarter of the series has been subtitled yet.

I won't deny that it starts slow, as it is a slow moving series overall, but it is its story and characters that make the show truly good. Matoi is one of the most badass red rangers ever. The entire family aspect is done extremely well here (on both sides of the coin, ranger and villain), better than any other Sentai series, and the villains are probably my favorite group as well in both design and execution. I also like how they gave the mecha a realistic approach in the beginning. The series is no DaiRanger or KakuRanger, but what it does well, it does extremely well.

Nice post!!
Lynxara, do you know if GUIS or any other stable toku related fansubs will be doing either Gingaman or GoGoV anytime soon?

I've been told by Hikari Senshi's Go Go V translator that the show's scripts are done, and it's just a matter of getting it through the editing process. I believe other groups have been told about this as well. In light of that, I can't see anyone else devoting resources to that particular show, not unless... I dunno, two years pass and Go Go V still isn't out? There's so much else that isn't touched yet, most people would rather focus on that.

Gingaman... you know, I'll be straight-up honest. I really like Gingaman. I have the resources at my disposal to do Gingaman, if not the time. But after my work on the Megaranger project is finished, I probably will have the time. And despite my feelings about needlessly duplicating translation work in a tiny fansub community, the thought of finishing Gingaman is really, really tempting. We'll just have to wait and see how things go. Gingaman only lacks 10 episodes, and very easily could be finished by the time Megaranger is out in the wild.

If you can speak for GUIS, then is it true there is a Metal Heroes show in the pipeline? I heard there was, and of Toei's big three franchises, Metal Heroes is the one I have barely seen, and would really like to.
Go look at their site!? It's literally written on the front page that the next project they'll start is Spielvan (the fifth Metal Hero series). The guy you asked (Shir) is the guy who announced it :anime: So unless he changes his mind (he'd be quite entitled to take a break after translating 51 episodes of Maskman) then yeah Spielvan is next, right after batching up (and a little V2-ing of) Maskman.

But yeah, it'll be cool to see some more Metal Hero out there. I was sad to hear Midnight Crew had dropped Gavan after only 5 episodes. I did check out that Metalder torrent floating around on nyaa. The first couple of episodes were really cool, but ten of the later episodes are taken from some random bootleg. I downloaded one of the bootleg episodes to check out the sub quality and and it was pretty bad (either that or by episode 25 Metalder had actually joined the bad guys! :O_O:) so now I'm kinda torn as to whether to go with it and fumble through a quarter of the series or whether to just hope it gets done properly some day. :disappoin

Nice post!!
I was sad to hear Midnight Crew had dropped Gavan after only 5 episodes.

They didn't really drop it, so much as they lost their translator. There is someone else interested in doing it, but this person is also known for working slowly even at the best of times. So it's not impossible that more MCS Gavan could materialize, I just wouldn't hold your breath till then.

Metalder is probably going to get a "proper" sub job done at some point. It's an early Amemiya show and has a legendary reputation. It's just a matter of an interested translator coming along and getting a good staff pipeline together.

They didn't really drop it, so much as they lost their translator. There is someone else interested in doing it, but this person is also known for working slowly even at the best of times. So it's not impossible that more MCS Gavan could materialize, I just wouldn't hold your breath till then.

Metalder is probably going to get a "proper" sub job done at some point. It's an early Amemiya show and has a legendary reputation. It's just a matter of an interested translator coming along and getting a good staff pipeline together.
Ah, was Gavan Zetta's thing? Makes sense. Metalder deserves to have a good rep, as much as you can judge that sort of thing by the first two episodes. Hopefully one day someone will at least take up the baton from where Dead Fish left it. For now though, much like Gingaman and GoGoV, I shall try not to miss it too much while I concentrate on the finished stuff. I feel a summer of Sun Vulcan ahead :anime:

Thank you for the Memories...
I won't deny that it starts slow, as it is a slow moving series overall, but it is its story and characters that make the show truly good. Matoi is one of the most badass red rangers ever. The entire family aspect is done extremely well here (on both sides of the coin, ranger and villain), better than any other Sentai series, and the villains are probably my favorite group as well in both design and execution. I also like how they gave the mecha a realistic approach in the beginning. The series is no DaiRanger or KakuRanger, but what it does well, it does extremely well.

That's really good to hear. I don't mind a slow pace show as long as the characters themselves are good and the payoff at the end is good.

I've been told by Hikari Senshi's Go Go V translator that the show's scripts are done, and it's just a matter of getting it through the editing process. I believe other groups have been told about this as well. In light of that, I can't see anyone else devoting resources to that particular show, not unless... I dunno, two years pass and Go Go V still isn't out? There's so much else that isn't touched yet, most people would rather focus on that.

Gingaman... you know, I'll be straight-up honest. I really like Gingaman. I have the resources at my disposal to do Gingaman, if not the time. But after my work on the Megaranger project is finished, I probably will have the time. And despite my feelings about needlessly duplicating translation work in a tiny fansub community, the thought of finishing Gingaman is really, really tempting. We'll just have to wait and see how things go. Gingaman only lacks 10 episodes, and very easily could be finished by the time Megaranger is out in the wild.

:anime: Please tell me your not telling me what I want to hear? Cause if not that sounds awesome! Originally I thought that both series will not be seeing the light of day in terms of subtitles, but now that you've mentioned it, it makes me so happy and excited that it is at least on the horizon!

If you can speak for GUIS, then is it true there is a Metal Heroes show in the pipeline? I heard there was, and of Toei's big three franchises, Metal Heroes is the one I have barely seen, and would really like to.

Well, I am translating Spielvan... and what Toku Prime said. :)

Go look at their site!? It's literally written on the front page that the next project they'll start is Spielvan (the fifth Metal Hero series). The guy you asked (Shir) is the guy who announced it