This one came across our desk with the title “Low-Poly City Builder Arrives October 11.” We thought the title was Low-Poly City Builder and we immediately approved, but it turns out the game is actually called Settlement Survival. Low-Poly City Builder would probably sell better. Developed by Gleamer Studios, Settlement
Latest Forum Activity
|Recent Threads/Start Date|
We now know when we will first be able to play Shelter Manager, the upcoming sim from Ukraine-based Hamsters Gaming. The developer has revealed an October 9 release date for the game, meaning the apocalypse will hit as soon as this weekend. Better stock up.
There are a lot of games these days that take place after the apocalypse, but few are more involved than Shelter Manager. Everything about it is customizable, down to the instigator of the apocalypse itself (pick from nukes, plague or meteor). Thanks to one of those three, you’re now the manager of an underground bunker containing the remnants of humanity.
When you first begin you can’t survive outside for long, so you must manage your resources carefully. You can decide the schedule your civilians follow, as well as what kind of people you’re training them to be…will they use their smarts to science their way out of this mess? Will they lift weights and practice their gun aim to become a powerful army? Or will they become laborers, mining resources for trade with other surviving communities? Everything’s up to you (so don’t mess up).
- A full story-driven campaign, introducing one of several possible doomsday scenarios
- Pick your apocalypse (Nuclear war, global pandemic, or meteorite strike) and home (USA, Europe, and Asia) in the expansive sandbox mode
- Manage morale and productivity, rationing food, electricity, and how many hours of sleep survivors get
- Develop a subterranean civilization, expand the bunker, and recruit more civilians
- Unlock and expand the bunkers with 10 special rooms, each with a key function
- Build an army, battle other bunkers for resources, and produce weapons
- Selection of 6 kinds of weapons and soldiers to command
Shelter Manager will launch on Steam Early Access October 9, with content updates to come in the months ahead.