funny enough, Matoi was the last manly Sentai Red until they kick started the annual pretty boy Sentai Red. :laugh:

I never implied that he wasn't badass. He is indeed a good fighter but the way he acts as a brother can be very bothering. It's exactly the kind of senpai I hated during my years in Japan. They are maybe good in what they do but they know crap about human interactions.
I totally understand that he's their big brother but there are a lot of episodes centered around how the other 4 can't take anymore of it.

And yeah those scenes were badass but is this how you judge a character?

I never implied that he wasn't badass. He is indeed a good fighter but the way he acts as a brother can be very bothering. It's exactly the kind of senpai I hated during my years in Japan. They are maybe good in what they do but they know crap about human interactions.
I totally understand that he's their big brother but there are a lot of episodes centered around how the other 4 can't take anymore of it.

And yeah those scenes were badass but is this how you judge a character?

true, but that's how older siblings are in Asian countries. they talk and act as if they know everything, but at the end of the day, they're just showing their love and care. I should know. sometimes that's how I feel about my brother too.

The new Tendou Souji
Got up to 21 yesterday and then re-watched the movie an hour ago.
I still think the show is pretty good; I mean, aside from the entirety of 16 and part of 15 (the mountain climber portion), everything has been entertaining and/or enjoyable. (It's pretty refreshing to have in a show with junk like the past 2 Sentai shows being on the air).

Speaking of good things, I could go on and on about the movie itself but I'll save that for another time. :laugh: For now, I'll just say that the DVD was well worth the purchase.

This. Matoi is a hardass and I love that for a Red Senshi. Going guns blazing with the V-Lancer in one hand and the Rescue Bird in another, what a cool scene.

Agreed.