D

Dr Kain

IIRC Carranger's under way as well?

Yeah, Haro Rangers has been working on CarRanger... for about 4 years now and they are only at episode 20. Of course, Nihon has been working on both TimeRanger and MegaRanger for 8-10 years now and they are only at episodes 14 and 34 respectively. In fact, they are taking so long, the earlier episodes are outdated and cannot be played on any non-computer device.

Nice post!!
I vaguely remember Lynxara saying on the HJ Radio podcast (or maybe it was in a forum post? I forget now...) something about the translator for Gingaman jumping ship to a different sub group and taking the series with him. So I guess it's probably still in the works but not under the Hi no Tori name?

This is my understanding of the situation. That said, the jump happened a couple of years ago now, and Gingaman has yet to resurface. I'm beginning to wonder if the original translation of it will ever be finished.

Yeah, Haro Rangers has been working on CarRanger... for about 4 years now and they are only at episode 20.

Translation on Carranger was completed last year, the episodes just need to be edited and muxed. Editing Carranger is a laborious process since it's all traffic jokes, and traffic laws vary a lot even among English-speaking territories. That process is currently in the hands of pretty experienced people... who are members of larger groups. So Carranger has to fight for attention with the weekly shows.

The slowness that has plagued the Carranger project has to do with problems holding onto translators. For a long time, Haro Rangers had issues with translators signing on for the project, slowly doing some eps, and then disappearing or dropping. Last year, a translator finally showed up who was willing to just do the whole thing. So now that the group has scripts, at least that much of the issue is resolved.

D

Dr Kain

Translation on Carranger was completed last year, the episodes just need to be edited and muxed. Editing Carranger is a laborious process since it's all traffic jokes, and traffic laws vary a lot even among English-speaking territories. That process is currently in the hands of pretty experienced people... who are members of larger groups. So Carranger has to fight for attention with the weekly shows.

The slowness that has plagued the Carranger project has to do with problems holding onto translators. For a long time, Haro Rangers had issues with translators signing on for the project, slowly doing some eps, and then disappearing or dropping. Last year, a translator finally showed up who was willing to just do the whole thing. So now that the group has scripts, at least that much of the issue is resolved.

Thanks for the info. I have nothing against Haro Rangers. I think it is awesome they are doing CarRanger (and using MKV codecs that actually work on my tv) as it is in my top 10 favorite Sentai series. It's just that I stopped watching it because it has been taking so long and don't plan to ever go back until the whole thing is done. Or at least, until they are in the final stretch of episodes as I really want to show my friends the series, but I don't want them to wait and forget everything that happens between the releases of episodes.

I don't even think Hi no Tori is alive anymore.

As far as I can tell, they're not dead but on life support. Their main project seems to be the V2s of Amazon, but the pace they're taking is pretty slow. It's a shame since they are rather close to finishing Gingaman, and that is a Sentai I am curious about.

I'm less interested in the concept of GoGo V, but I'd be willing to check it out whenever it's finished. That is, after I get through Jetman, Zyuranger, Maskman, Kakuranger and whatever else G.U.I.S. finishes between now and then.

D

Dr Kain

You should definitely check out GoGoV. It is one of the best Sentai series out there, and far better than Jetman, ZyuRanger, and Maskman, and the former two are also in my top 10 favorite Sentai series of all time.

You should definitely check out GoGoV. It is one of the best Sentai series out there, and far better than Jetman, ZyuRanger, and Maskman, and the former two are also in my top 10 favorite Sentai series of all time.

Oh, I plan to when Hikari-Senshi finishes it. I'm just more interested in getting through Sentai that have been completely subbed instead of diving into a series that has yet to be finished.

Thank you for the Memories...
This is my understanding of the situation. That said, the jump happened a couple of years ago now, and Gingaman has yet to resurface. I'm beginning to wonder if the original translation of it will ever be finished.

Lynxara, do you know if GUIS or any other stable toku related fansubs will be doing either Gingaman or GoGoV anytime soon?

I initially was really into the concept of GoGoV, a Sentai group made up of rescue forces, makes them that much more heroic in my eyes. I've never seen the Tomica Rescue series, but it's very reminiscent of that, and I am fully aware that GoGoV preceded that series.

The start of the first episode is kinda slow, but I'm not one to judge on an intial episode but I can't go on watching knowing that not even a quarter of the series has been subtitled yet.

Lynxara, do you know if GUIS or any other stable toku related fansubs will be doing either Gingaman or GoGoV anytime soon?

I initially was really into the concept of GoGoV, a Sentai group made up of rescue forces, makes them that much more heroic in my eyes. I've never seen the Tomica Rescue series, but it's very reminiscent of that, and I am fully aware that GoGoV preceded that series.

The start of the first episode is kinda slow, but I'm not one to judge on an intial episode but I can't go on watching knowing that not even a quarter of the series has been subtitled yet.

I think I can speak for GUIS. And no, we're not interested.

If you can speak for GUIS, then is it true there is a Metal Heroes show in the pipeline? I heard there was, and of Toei's big three franchises, Metal Heroes is the one I have barely seen, and would really like to.