CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
( I figure this place would ellicit the most response).

Over the years henshin heroes have used all sorts of contraptions to transform: braces, belts, belt buckles, cell phones, capsules, necklace, handheld talismans, swords, more cell phones, cards, etc etc.

But which one do you prefer? What would your ideal device look like?

Personally I'm a BIG fan of braces. There's a classic simplicity to the old brace. I like Henshin devices you don't need your too hands to use. A braceo n the wrist and a free hand and BAM! You're in a suit! Plus there's less chance of it getting knocked out of your hands if its attached to your wrist. It can also be fairly discreet if secret identity if big for you.

I like something you can activate very simply. A switch, a button... add the sweet pose and calls to pad it out a little but in its essance you just need to turn it on for it to work.

Those I hate the most are the over used cellphones, the devices you can't put anywhere, certain weapon henshin devices because those can be clumsy to carry around... and anything with many fiddly bits. The Tensouder and whatever the frack the stupid ticket puncher MagiShine/Solaris used are some of the worse offenders I've ever seen.

My ideal device would be an elegant brace with a simple function for transformation, probably with a round jewel or glass display on it, but plenty of secondary uses for attacks and abilities.

So what about you guys?

Hey, I'm Eian.
I myself am a fan of belts. At least some of the riders are able to simply call the belt out from their body. That's the best kind cuz it's pretty much impossible to steal.

Other than that I actually rather liked DiEnd and IXA's henshin items as well, though I much prefer belts.

A simple passerby...
I myself am a fan of belts. At least some of the riders are able to simply call the belt out from their body. That's the best kind cuz it's pretty much impossible to steal.

Other than that I actually rather liked DiEnd and IXA's henshin items as well, though I much prefer belts.

This.

I naturally love Kuuga's and Agito's belt.

In Justice, We Trust!
Those I hate the most are the over used cellphones, the devices you can't put anywhere, certain weapon henshin devices because those can be clumsy to carry around... and anything with many fiddly bits. The Tensouder and whatever the frack the stupid ticket puncher MagiShine/Solaris used are some of the worse offenders I've ever seen.

Agreed, seeing phone changers for three seasons in the last little while got tiring after a bit.

I agree with what you said about wrist mounted devices, they have potential to make henshins more dynamic. But I think for me, some kind of multi-purpose hand held object like the SP Licenses

It stinks.
I'm a fan of belts and braces henshin devices. Because, it's easy to carry around you without losing it. It's there when ever you need it; it also makes good henshin manuvers and poses.

I'd say the opposite with me.

I like the belts they actively have to put on and that can be used by other people. I just like to watch the suits get passed around and see each of the characters and they way they act in the suit.

But yeah belts are still the way to go.

HENSHIN!

I'd say the opposite with me.

I like the belts they actively have to put on and that can be used by other people. I just like to watch the suits get passed around and see each of the characters and they way they act in the suit.

But yeah belts are still the way to go.

HENSHIN!

I go for a general rule that: Anything that stretches my suspension of disbelief without a good reason is bad. That reason can be anything from a great plot point to simply looking cool.

Watching Takumi drag the Faiz Belt around? Is neither.

Blade's belt kinda gave me a headache too (and I LOVE Blade). I carry a lot of electronic equipment daily, but for the life of me; where Blade was storing that blocky belt is lost on me.

I like braces, and belts work too. Only thing I don't care for is cell phones. >_<

I go for a general rule that: Anything that stretches my suspension of disbelief without a good reason is bad. That reason can be anything from a great plot point to simply looking cool.

Watching Takumi drag the Faiz Belt around? Is neither.

Blade's belt kinda gave me a headache too (and I LOVE Blade). I carry a lot of electronic equipment daily, but for the life of me; where Blade was storing that blocky belt is lost on me.

I like braces, and belts work too. Only thing I don't care for is cell phones. >_<

See, once again, thats where you and I differ. I thought Faiz's having to drag the belt around brought a little bit of reality into ti. He actually had to have the belt with him to be able to use it. He couldnt just summon it. I thought that was pretty cool.

I do also like wrist morphers. They're good for quick henshins, and when I do my own MMPR or Super Sentai teams, 9 times outta 10 they use wrist morphers.

Favorite wrist morpher of all time?

0.jpg

Just something so simplistic about it, it still influences my own morpher designs even now.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Wrist morphers/wrist braces definitely look and feel cooler. Simple and efficient yet very stylish. I wish they brought those back.

As far as belts, for some reason kabuto's belt is the ideal belt for me. I just love the functionality of it. and you didnt have to fumble with it as much as Faiz's belt. Though simple belts like Kuuga or Agito's are cool though. Den-o's and kiva's belt were my least favorite.

But yeh, I agree that cell phone morphers should be burned, they got tiresome after boukenger. Goseiger's Tensouder is odd looking as all hell too.