Lurker
Most people complain that certain shows suffer from filler overload, like Shinkenger.
So far, all Super Sentai and Kamen Rider shows have lasted around 50 eps.
So I was wondering what is the appropriate amount of time for a toku show to get the point across.
IMO, I think that 30 eps is just enough to resolve the main problem... Except in Decade's case though :laugh:

Shyni
Yeah, Decade was a show that actually needed to be longer.

I guess "ideal" length really varies from show to show.

SLICE
Depends on how much the story is driven.

Like, Ultraman Nexus-EVERY episode was a plot episode. There was zero filler. Except for one special episode that they only released on DVD and it FELT like filler. ...even THEN it was a character driven and developing episode

Banned
If a series had no filler what so ever, and every episode was "plot releivent", it would only be like 10-15 episodes long. :p

SLICE
Watch Ultraman Nexus some time.

It had like two recap episodes-both of them with HEAVY plot importance near the end.

Lurker
If a series had no filler what so ever, and every episode was "plot releivent", it would only be like 10-15 episodes long. :p

Hell, a series would last 5 eps max without filler :laugh:
First 2 deals with intro, 3rd one deals with conflict, and 4 to 5 will end the damn thing :loltongue:

Watch Ultraman Nexus some time.

It had like two recap episodes-both of them with HEAVY plot importance near the end.

Nexus sounds like my kind of show then :coolshades:
Although I could never really get into any Ultraman show/movie :I

SLICE
Try Nexus out some time. It's unlike almost any other Ultra series I've seen. It's almost like a modern Rider series...only good.

Try Nexus out some time. It's unlike almost any other Ultra series I've seen. It's almost like a modern Rider series...only good.

Since you seem to be familiar with Ultraman series, can I ask you a question? I was watching the Thriller Restaurant anime, and some Ultraman movie ad popped up. There was this red and black guy with Ultraman. Who is that? Looked neat.

SLICE
Since you seem to be familiar with Ultraman series, can I ask you a question? I was watching the Thriller Restaurant anime, and some Ultraman movie ad popped up. There was this red and black guy with Ultraman. Who is that? Looked neat.

Red and black....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...yg-hoeraa4MnfmSWnOaNUOmHW1U4qHpNnu1LSJo_YWzFw This or http://roberthood.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ultra-galaxy01.jpg this guy?

If either or, the first is Dark Zagi, the big bad of Nexus. The second is Ultraman Belial, the big villain of Ultra Galaxy Legends and Ultraman Zero the Movie. Both are complete badasses.