Mad Skillz
They've both been subbed for a while now, the first was even released with English subs in Japan since the composer (an American, dude even posted here for a while) talked them into it.

Anywho, I think it all depends on how a show is written rather than some arbitrary number, though a majority of my favorite shows are 51 episodes.

Shyni
The second one :O_O:. That guy looks crazy awesome. Any of those subbed?

Ultra Galaxy Legend has English subs on the Region 2 DVD. Revenge of Belial has been fansubbed, but also has subs on the Region 3 DVD (Malaysia, see this post). Although those R3 subs have some errors.

Lurker
Anywho, I think it all depends on how a show is written rather than some arbitrary number, though a majority of my favorite shows are 51 episodes.

I agree with the length being determined by the writing, but why is it that they decide to add filler eps?
For anime I kind of understand, but for a toku show?

Shyni
Sentai and Kamen Rider shows have to be on for almost every single week of the year for some reason. Same as some anime shows, I guess.

Lurker
Anime has filler so that it doesn't catch up with the manga, or so I remember.
But Toku doesn't need to have any filler.
I don't think they need to drag the show for a year to get the point across.

Shyni
Well, the shows are on all year long. Between the episodes and movies and such, there's no concept of "break" time for these shows. Perhaps it has something to do with maintaining a consistent timeslot/programming block. Like, if they stop showing epsiodes, somebody else can use the timeslot for another show. I'm not sure.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Every toku has "filler". I think the typical 48-51 episodes is fine, it also depends on how the filler is used and what the pacing is like in general. If there are a lot of filler episodes in a row and nothing plot-relevant is happening for most of an arc, of course it's going to feel like too much. If used well, filler can be a good way to develop characters and to break the tension between plot-heavy episodes.