HEROW
Loved the Air Force One scene, they did it superbly. Kinda disappointed with the Mandarin though, it felt offensive in a way.

Eye See You
Saw it today

I thought it was pretty good, better than IM1-IM2, but not as epic as Avengers and that was something I knew would happen since Avengers was just big.

The Mandarin bit was weird as **** and flopped for me since I've been waiting for The Mandarin for a long time in an Iron Man movie but they did pull off a nice twist with everything. Plus Guy Peirce in the final fight was much cooler than the Mandarin would have been imo. The Fire breathing bit had to have been a nod to Fing Fang Foom.

This is easily The Dark Knight Rises in terms of structure. So many similarities.

Another good point of the film was Tony actually having to do **** without the suit, solidifying the fact that he is more than just the suit (which is what Cap said to him in Avengers).

Best parts were when Pepper got the suit briefly, when Tony saved the people from the airplane, and of course the final battle with the Iron Legion.

Only gripe I have was that Iron Patriot was not part of the actual final battle, hopefully we'll see that in Avengers 2.

Just some questions:
1. Why now out of nowhere was Tony able to have the shard of metal removed from his chest at the end of the film?, why not just do that earlier.

2. What was the post credit scenes?.

Overall, the film is right up there with the other 2 Iron Man movies but...when you come off the Avengers you feel a bit...meh. PLUS it being Marvel's version of TDKR in terms of movie structure doesn't help either. Think of it like watching PRLR after "Countdown to Destruction". But still a solid film, very enjoyable, very fun.

I'll definatley check out the IMAX 3D for this one.

3.5/5

Now I should go read my Extremis Hardcover.

Eye See You
I've only got issue 1 (thanks Marvel's #1 promotion). I got a list of like 4 comic series to read before I see it this weekend.

559642_10151550407733516_861112367_n.jpg

The entire run, Hardcover for $13 here in Canada. Hardcovers are best because it's like reading a comic in HD.

The Decade Everyone Wants Dead
Some kind of Beast mode
I was completely distraught when I saw what they did with The Mandarin, but other than that it was pretty good. There was a lot more humor than I thought there would be as well.

Banned
I was completely distraught when I saw what they did with The Mandarin, but other than that it was pretty good. There was a lot more humor than I thought there would be as well.

You guys are way to caught up on these movies having to be just like the comics.:anime:

A simple passerby...
You guys are way to caught up on these movies having to be just like the comics.:anime:

Nah, I think this wasn't it this time... The Mandarin was set up to be a villain since the start, he was even in the scripts 3-4 months before they started filming IM. I thought they would have had [hide] The Mandarin to pull a Joker and go to jail only to break out of it, having pretended to be an actor, and letting Killian "think" he's the Mandarin, then leave it off there for Part 4. Had they done that, I would take away my complaints about Pepper having powers, Rhodey not "programmed" to wear Tony's suits but Pepper could, and Tony removing the reactor and the shrapnels after so long? Oh and the Extremis granting everyone the same ability?[/hide]

Iron Man 3 made no sense to me whatsoever. It completely ignored the logic of what it set itself up to be, and each conversation he has with another character is always so... I don't know, it feels forced.

Structure wise, I think the director and editors should pat themselves on the back. They patched up a really good film from a story that was filled with a lot of noticeable and annoying plot holes. It was great filming, had I not almost fallen asleep during the middle when Tony is having a nice time in town trynna fix up his bad boy in some kid's junk yard. That was pretty much it though, I think I expected too much.

Lurker
I thought they would have had [hide] The Mandarin to pull a Joker and go to jail only to break out of it, having pretended to be an actor, and letting Killian "think" he's the Mandarin, then leave it off there for Part 4.[/hide]

...That sounds an awful lot dumber than what we got frankly.