Lurker
Just saw it and really enjoyed it, even if it reneforces my opinion Marvel are the McDonalds of comic book movies.

[hide] I was'nt really amused by the certain twist of The Mandarin being an actor, and on top of that a proper Liverpool supporter, and while the science of the film made little sense, the story moved at a crisp pace, the humor emerged at all the right moments, Tony carries the movie without much of his trademark Iron suits, creating a very personal story where he thrives on his wits and a few Macguyverish devices. The idea that the main armor in the film is boaderline unreliable adds to the mirth, it even fails to help Tony in the final battle. About the only drawbacks are the inclusion of a child character for Tony to play off of in the second act of the film, and the all too tidy resolution of everything at the end...despite the idea of Pepper being infected with Extremis being an interesting hook that they could have carried over into other films, but is handwaved by a "she got better" explanation that isnt even shown on-screen

End credits scene is a nice bit of comedy that explains the point of Tony's narrating...turns out he's talking to Bruce, who explains he doesnt have the "temperment" to carry on the session, but Tony keeps rambling on anyway.

Any film that opens with this deserves top marks[/hide]

It's essential viewing only in the sense there may not be another Iron Man outing for a while, though I'm sure he'll crop up for another Avengers flick.

Last edited:
Read my smart post
Can't wait to see it, been hearing a lot of positive reviews. What are the post-credits scenes about? Can you talk about it without giving spoilers?

It's Judgement Time!
Just saw it and really enjoyed it, even if it reneforces my opinion Marvel are the McDonalds of comic book movies.

[hide] I was'nt really amused by the certain twist of The Mandarin being an actor, and on top of that a proper Liverpool supporter, and while the science of the film made little sense, the story moved at a crisp pace, the humor emerged at all the right moments, Tony carries the movie without much of his trademark Iron suits, creating a very personal story where he thrives on his wits and a few Macguyverish devices. The idea that the main armor in the film is boaderline unreliable adds to the mirth, it even fails to help Tony in the final battle. About the only drawbacks are the inclusion of a child character for Tony to play off of in the second act of the film, and the all too tidy resolution of everything at the end...despite the idea of Pepper being infected with Extremis being an interesting hook that they could have carried over into other films, but is handwaved by a "she got better" explanation that isnt even shown on-screen

End credits scene is a nice bit of comedy that explains the point of Tony's narrating...turns out he's talking to Bruce, who explains he doesnt have the "temperment" to carry on the session, but Tony keeps rambling on anyway.

Any film that opens with this deserves top marks[/hide]

It's essential viewing only in the sense there may not be another Iron Man outing for a while, though I'm sure he'll crop up for another Avengers flick.

shiiiit why did I read that. Thanks for the youtube clip though. That brought nostalgic chills. I loved the heck out of that song back in the day.

Lurker
What are the post-credits scenes about? Can you talk about it without giving spoilers?

Just that Tony's voice-over narration in the movie makes more sense after you see the post-credits.

Shyni
I'm a bit confused by the villain.

[HIDE]So, the Mandarin was just a cover by Killian and the AIM people. Yet the Ten Rings organization does exist in the movieverse. Is this movie suggesting that they're? Or is it just coincidence that two groups use similar iconography that actually was related in the comics? Or did AIM simply adopt the symbol because they wanted more credibility for their terrorist group?[/HIDE]

Last edited:
The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
It's been showing here for a few days now.

Admitedly that is a wierd release shedule, here in Mexico the movie has been showing since April 26, i am amazed that it didn´t came out sooner in the US.

Anyways, the movie was quite fun, it pretty much followed the ideas fo the first one (and thankfully improved everything about the second one) and in a way it closed the story arc for Tony Stark, though i do feel that War Machine/Iron Patriot was underused, he was more of a plot point than anything.

I liked the idea for the villains and how they built the mistery, i admit that extremis was a little on the fantastycal side, but it made a good mistery plot. Though, i did see the plot twist coming from a mile away.

And if you are curious about the post credits scene...

[HIDE]The whole movie is narrated by Tony, and at the end it turns out that he was actually telling the story to his Shrink, a barely awake Bruce Banner who had fallen sleep during the whole thing.[/HIDE]

Also, Pepper Pots is a BADASS.

Admitedly that is a wierd release shedule, here in Mexico the movie has been showing since April 26, i am amazed that it didn´t came out sooner in the US.

I think this is somewhat of a management decision sometime last year. Avengers was also shown here a week earlier than the US.