I was even alright with Mandarin in this. It made sense for this particular universe they set up.

I might of felt the same if this was IM2 but they make a point in this movie that kinda works against that. Aliens and Gods are falling out of the sky. Nothing can just be explained anymore and that would include a magic man like The Mandarin.

Also want to make clear I thought the movie was great just think they shouldn't of done what they did with the bad guys...also the suits being destroyed...also fixing his heart...but that's it!

Raxbait: Hip
Ooooookaaaaay.........well! I enjoyed the movie a lot! =D

So much fun, and I actually enjoyed the Mandarin, it was a nice twist imo and it worked considering how Killian was setting it up, even to us moviegoers lol.

Who knows, maybe they might actually be another "Mandarin" later on.

The Decade Everyone Wants Dead
I liked the movie better that 2, not as good as 1. The only thing that bugged me was there was old white guy as president.

I hope your joking, that's not what I meant.

So either you actually wanted Obama or at least a black man in the movie or it's some political "keeping the black man down" thing in which case I really don't want to hear about it.

D

Dr Kain

The movie was so well thought out, so good, that it also becomes a huge disappointment. There are events that occur within the movie that truly build up the suspense, and the outcome is so cleverly executed to the point that it ended up being a big let down as it made the last act of the movie boring because everything is played out so safe. The other issue with the movie is that it plays out just like you would expect from a comic movie. That is not to say it is a bad thing, but it leaves a lot to be desired. There is a lot of great dialog, one liners, and the scene after the credits is great, but the more comic movies we are getting lately are making appreciate Dredd more and more than I did before. IM3 is definitely worth seeing, it isn't as good as the first movie, but it is far superior to the second one. It's just that playing it safe and becoming predictable just made the roller coaster ride fizzle out.

D

Dr Kain

Seeing as how both William Saddler and Miguel Ferrer are awesome actors (who have been in many things like Tales from the Crypt), I had no problem with them being in this movie.

Another Climax
Only downside I found in this movie (besides the after credits scene) was that there wasn't a really good Iron Man showcase like there was in the first and second films. It seemed to have more action then the first two overall but there was never a nice long scene of him fighting anyone or just using various cool gadgets with the armor.

Other then that, I had no problems with the Mandarin (I was wondering how'd they could even get that to work because I don't think most writers in comics have figured that out let alone some Hollywood guys), the tone or it being a mix mash of various comic related plots. They managed to forge a lot of these elements into a film that stays true to the past films in a lot of way without making it a carbon copy and showing growth.

It is something most Marvel movies had trouble with until this one after the second films until this one.

The Bun Is In Your Mind
I though it was a very awesome movie. I'm not that much of a comics guy, but I thought that Guy Pearce did an awesome job playing the Mandarin, so I don't understand why you guys are so upset. The only part I was disappointed/confused about was the end were he gave up being Iron Man and decimated the Iron Legion. He built all that to prepare for another alien invasion, and he destroys it to have a "clean slate"?

BTW:[HIDE]Gwyneth Paltrow has some bangin' abs:thumbs:[/HIDE]