your feelings on Kamen Rider Blade

The pacing was fine. It didn't run in place either. The people in the Rider War were having internal conflicts.
That'd be your POV. Mine is the opposite, and I remember on this very board having to reassure someone that Ryuki started doing things once Episode 12-15 hit. I wish I could find that thread again.
 
Blade is one of the three series that took me the longest to finish.

Kuuga - I didn't lost interest, but I just completely forgot about it after episode 40.
Blade - Stopped midway, and for some reason didn't wanna continue. I practically forced myself to.
Hibiki - Stopped after episode 3....dunno if I wanna finish it.

I liked the use of monster abilities in your arsenal, though Ryuki did that to an extent (Contract Monsters make your Rider, so saying that using actual monsters can't really apply...). I always found that concept to be the most interesting. But it tells you how many monsters there are in general, and that's also sort of boring to know that there aren't enough monsters compared to other series.
 
Love the devices and gear, can't stand the suits.

I also loved the first episode, but then a friend and I trucked through about 10 more before the show even tried to tell us what was going on about anything. We get it, guys! There's mystery and suspense afoot! Let us in on it!

I refuse to give any more of my time to a show that considers itself too good to give me any of its. People keep trying to tell me that Blade is "worth it", but god damn, even Ryuki had given me things to go on by now. I have never given a show this many second chances.

So you want everything said to you in ep1. You want every single thing solved by ep2? That is just silly. There is plenty said about the story each episode. It builds up over time. I just shake my head when people want every story and plot element given to them right at ep1.
 
In the first 10 episodes or so, not even the show knew where it was going, so they couldn't really give any answers.

Yeah it did. Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean it didn't know where it was going. The story built up over time.
 
I always took this as Kenzaki being really desperate to save Hajime and just not in his right mind at the time (and I think others picked up on this too), it goes to show that he was still a pretty flawed guy by the end of it and that the effects of King form might have been showing themselves on him already by making him do things that might not be the best of choices in the end of the world scenario.

He was in his right mind. He wanted Hajime to have the family he wouldn't be able to have otherwise. Kenzaki sacrificed his humanity for friendship. Honestly, and I might get **** for this, but anyone who can't see that is blind.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top