Kamen Rider Ghost - Final Episode (Special Chapter): "Future! Connected Feelings!"

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Wat. There isn't any hint for THAT. But that does make sense when considering how Ayumu came through that portal.......and with Kanon being saved for Alain while Akari seems to be a perfect match for Onari (or Igor lol), Takeru needs to be paired with someone else.

"Saving" a 14/15-year-old girl for an adult man makes me want to vomit. One of the things I most strongly dislike about this show. Funnily enough,
both interviews stated that Akari will end up with Igor. Who on top of being centuries older looks like her dad, but at least she isn't still a child!

Takeru and Freya isn't so far out there, I think. As she said to him at the end, he's reached her level spiritually now. He saved her from the Ganmaizers, and she repaid his nobility for refusing to use his wish for himself by bringing him back to life anyway ...

- Another hilarious thing at the start : why do we need the opening theme again? :sweat:

Fill up a minute and a half's screen time, probably ...

- I'm very sure Takeru (or his wife) is the one sending Ayumu into the past, perhaps to learn something from his past self. But why Ayumu is like that and needs learning in the first place?

It seems that similarly to Surprise Future, he comes from a bad future in which Takeru has been killed. He says "you're just like I heard about" (indicating that Takeru hasn't been part of his life) and if Takeru had been around, he would have taught Ayumu to have hope. And probably not sent him off to the past with Genm on his tail, but that's another story ...

- Onari? Training Javert? That sounds hilarious because Javert is a more competent person than Onari lol

Onari is further along in his spiritual journey, though. (I don't think Edith is a Buddhist at all! Why does he get to be head priest?)

- Dat Amazons season 2 CM at the end. I have a feeling they're making Mamoru ambiguous on purpose lol

I think that was just to make it ominous lol? Not necessarily an indicator of what's actually going to happen. After all
Haruka now has a bunch of Amazons to lead and Mamoru refused to return to the team, so ...

Shining~
I think the whole thing with Genm chasing Ayumu is just that Genm met him randomly and Ayumu took the Shakariki Sports Gashat, thinking it has a super amazing world-changing power, when in reality it just gives you a bike.

Obviously, being his personal Gashat, Genm would want to take it back, the problem is, he refused to say ANYTHING.

As for the Surprise Future similarity, now that you say it, it makes me remember, I think I read someone's post, perhaps in Facebook, saying the movie's plot does sounds like it's gonna be Surprise Future all over again with how the movie tease in this episode is showing a child from a seemingly bleak future.......thinking about it, that does explain Ayumu having a conflicting view with Takeru.

Now if only we had some actual chemistry between
Takeru and Freya
to back that ship up.

Also, Akari x
Igor?
My God, if they did that, I'll forever write off everything Fukuda writes again. Takeru x Akari may be the lazy, easy choice. But THAT romance would just be fucking disturbing and gross.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Now if only we had some actual chemistry between
Takeru and Freya
to back that ship up.

Although I like Freya, I don't know why the hell they had to introduce the twins into the show out of nowhere from the YouTube specials (which until that point hadn't tied into TV canon in any way.) Generally, I think that introducing something in side material and then suddenly treating it as important TV canon is bad form - Drive introducing Banno in the DVD specials, then having to explain at length on the official sites who he was because not everyone owns the DVDs, is another example.

Also, Akari x
Igor?
My God, if they did that, I'll forever write off everything Fukuda writes again. Takeru x Akari may be the lazy, easy choice. But THAT romance would just be fucking disturbing and gross.

No more so than trying to hook up 14/15-year-old Kanon with a fully grown man and making it out to be "cute". Still ...

it seems unlikely we'll ever see Akari/Igor in canon. I think it was meant more as "and this is what would eventually happen within the world we've created."

Shining~
Although I like Freya, I don't know why the hell they had to introduce the twins into the show out of nowhere from the YouTube specials (which until that point hadn't tied into TV canon in any way.)

Not to mention they introduced her in the series alongside Frey.....only to then erase Frey out without explanation.

To be fair, the only chemistry I've seen between Kanon and anyone is between Kanon and her older brother.

Anyways, I finally watched episode 50. I don't have many thoughts about it since I was basically tuned out throughout the entire episode. The whole plot with Ayumu reeked of "been there, done that", and the whole episode feels like it only exists to set up plot points for Ex-Aid which will either be ignored entirely or passively mentioned. This episode definitely didn't make me want to watch Ex-Aid, so it didn't even do its job right.

I'm officially taking a break from Kamen Rider shows after this, except for maybe finally picking up Kamen Rider Amazons. I'll still watch Kamen Rider #1 and The 100 Eyecons and Ghost's Fateful Moment eventually, but I have no real desire to catch Ex-Aid & Ghost or Ghost Re:Birth - Kamen Rider Specter at all. Ghost is without a doubt the most disappointing season since Wizard, but I haven't felt this gypped about a show's potential since Decade. I'm completely burned out now.