your feelings on Kamen Rider Blade

Love the devices and gear, can't stand the suits.

I also loved the first episode, but then a friend and I trucked through about 10 more before the show even tried to tell us what was going on about anything. We get it, guys! There's mystery and suspense afoot! Let us in on it!

I refuse to give any more of my time to a show that considers itself too good to give me any of its. People keep trying to tell me that Blade is "worth it", but god damn, even Ryuki had given me things to go on by now. I have never given a show this many second chances.

Why mention Ryuki like that? :eyebrow: It's one of the best series.

I gave Agito a second chance and the middle to the end was great. I had trouble getting through the exposition since it lasted half the series.

I thought it was a pretty good series. I didn't mind the fact that the first ten episodes or so didn't make much sense in the long run because I rather enjoyed watching those episodes.
-snip-

I liked it BUT the ending completely puts me off and ruins anything the rest of the show had going for it. Otherwise, it was a pretty enjoyable series and would have ranked high on my list of favourites

See, now I'm having more trouble deciding whether or not to watch it. I see it's good BUT then something else that basically overshadows everything mentioned before the conjunction.
 
The ending wasn't crashingly terrible, in fact it was pretty well-done. I think you could say it's one of the most evocative endings in Heisei-era Rider but it struck a moral chord with me that I really did not like. Your view might be completely different. The first ten episodes do drag a bit but once you get past them the show is worth it, I say definitely give it a go
 
Why mention Ryuki like that? :eyebrow: It's one of the best series.
Oh, I liked Ryuki. But it too had slow pacing for the first 20% of its run. And unlike Blade, it gave me a clear view of its world, a base running plot and a decent summary of the conflicts therein before deciding to run in place for an extended amount of time. That, I can deal with. Again, I'm a very forgiving guy :)

Agito does the same thing mentioned above, but much better. I only took a break from it because it literally became the exact same episode over and over.
 
My after thoughts on Blade (I finished watching it when TV-Nihon finished subbing it):

-I still like Round Zero ~Blade Brave~ better than Elements, but I heard the second song is more popular. Why? I never understood that...
-I still don't like Amane. That mother needs to have some back bone and spank that girl. I know I could never get away with acting like that in MY family. No sir. Why is that she only becomes a better person by the END of the movie? What's worse about this is, the movie isn't even cannon! It's just an alternate ending to the series!
-I still think Jack Form is better than King Form. Something about going from being able to fly to not being able to fly just seems like a down-grade to me.
-The movie was epic, but to me, it just was not as epic as the Faiz movie, which I saw first.
-Why is there a Spade symbol next to the English words "MASKED RIDER" in the logo? Does anyone REALLY call this show Masked Rider Spade? I don't think so. I know Blade's motif is a Spade symbol, but honestly...
 
The ending wasn't crashingly terrible, in fact it was pretty well-done. I think you could say it's one of the most evocative endings in Heisei-era Rider but it struck a moral chord with me that I really did not like. Your view might be completely different. The first ten episodes do drag a bit but once you get past them the show is worth it, I say definitely give it a go

Was it an ending that made the viewer think and that reflected real life through a fantasy world? I like those. If it's like that, I may skip the first episodes and I'll watch it.

Oh, I liked Ryuki. But it too had slow pacing for the first 20% of its run. And unlike Blade, it gave me a clear view of its world, a base running plot and a decent summary of the conflicts therein before deciding to run in place for an extended amount of time. That, I can deal with. Again, I'm a very forgiving guy :)

Agito does the same thing mentioned above, but much better. I only took a break from it because it literally became the exact same episode over and over.

The pacing was fine. It didn't run in place either. The people in the Rider War were having internal conflicts.

Agito was much slower, but it gets good toward the end. It's nowhere near as good as Ryuki, but it's good.
 
Was it an ending that made the viewer think and that reflected real life through a fantasy world? I like those. If it's like that, I may skip the first episodes and I'll watch it.

I don't know how you'd define "reflecting real life through a fantasy world" but it certainly does make you think. You could possibly draw real-world parallels of some sort, yeah. Definitely give the show a chance, if the first few episodes don't grab you then you can skip over them without missing too much
 
I think because Rider Chips sang it. I don't know. I liked Round Zero more too.

Half right. It was Rider Chips feat. Ricky. This was just before Ricky joined the band as their permanent vocalist. And I do like Rider Chips, I am a solid hardcore fan of theirs.
But I still think Round Zero was the better, catchier song.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top