Kamen Rider Decade - Full Series Talk UP!

Lynxara

Nice post!!
There's still the question about whether enough people care about just past Heisei, without Showa, and this movie should answer that.

This really more what I meant-- I sort of think of the little Heisei cameos as just part of the baseline Decade property. So the question is interest in just what Decade represents as opposed to HOLY **** EVERY RIDER EVER ONSCREEN AT ONCE. You don't even need to know who Decade is for that to be pretty appealing.

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
........my day is ruined.

Thanks for ruining my day too. :p

I do what I can.

As for the whole topic on whether or not the movie's doing good because of Decade or the shouwa/other Riders, I'd say the initial draw was the older Riders, but the movie hasn't dropped off too much in the weeks after its release, so I'd assume there's a form of interest in Decade itself greater than usual series.

Nana

Completely different from things like the random berserker Agito... in Agito...

We definitely talked about this before, for the first 2 episodes it was not Shouichi fighting. The seed pretty much put him in extermination mode whenever Unknowns would appear, until he took care of that after chilling with Mana.

Nanami Tenkawa

優しさの大人少女
for the series seems amazing and great concept though but not really perfect. at least still i'm fun. Kotaro, Kenzaki and Wataru are kickass really good. :anime:

Synch

can vote this one for about everyrider series I have seen :p

Great concept, although not perfect I'm happy with what we got

NeonZ

We definitely talked about this before, for the first 2 episodes it was not Shouichi fighting. The seed pretty much put him in extermination mode whenever Unknowns would appear, until he took care of that after chilling with Mana.

You completely missed my point. Yes, we know that he didn't control himself, that's why I said it was a "berserker" state, but we don't know why he went into that state those times, especially considering how nothing like that ever happened again. Agito's seed isn't even supposed to change people's behavior.

Nana

We could assume that it does something since all of the Akatsuki passengers went nuts (even though we could blame that on an Angel descending to tell them all that they're gonna get murdered reeeaal soon.)

But in all seriousness, I think it's just the seed going into auto pilot since it just recently activated, until Shoichi knew what to do whenever his psychic siren kicked in and he could take out Unknown conciously... and not beat up poor Hikawa.

Shougo B'Stard

Would like to change his avatar
Ozawa creates the G4 System but deletes it within the series, subtle build up but its proof that Project G4 is canon

That actually happens at the end of the TV Special, which, like the movie, people debate whether it falls in with events of the series. The special itself is filled with quite a few inconsistencies, like Houjou overhearing Shouichi confess to Kunieda that he's Agito (a good 10 or so episodes before he discovers this by having him put under hypnosis). Unless that hit from Ashihara just made Houjou forget, like the Superman Forget-Kiss -- the Ashihara Forget *****-Slap.

There's also the already mentioned "Berserker-Rage Shouichi" that attacks Kunieda, and that in the movie Ashihara is still shown to have side-effects of his transforming, when at that point in the series he had been healed. Some cite the absence of Kino, when he was playing such a pivotal part in the show, and that Mana's vision in the end of the movie is uncharacteristically off, but I think those are two examples of nitpicking.

While the movie's not a completely useless companion to the series like those pointless alternate endings (an Episode Final or Paradise Lost), it is quite hard to sync up the series with the movie and special without a bit of fanonizing.

Forever Knight

Eye See You
Excellent series. The only piss off I have with it is

a) no Rising Ultimate Form
b) Is the All Riders Movie the finale or the DCD/Double movie?.
c) More answers on Narutaki & Tsukasa.

Other then that I enjoyed myself.

Nana

While the movie's not a completely useless companion to the series like those pointless alternate endings (an Episode Final or Paradise Lost), it is quite hard to sync up the series with the movie and special without a bit of fanonizing.

It's still better than the actual ending.:redface2:

Shougo B'Stard

Would like to change his avatar
It's still better than the actual ending.:redface2:

I do prefer Episode Final to the series' ending -- even though it does get to be overkill in its bleakness -- but it still doesn't matter much when the series is the "real" finale. Just makes the movie a waste. Toei shot themselves in the foot with that movie -- what was just a gimmick to get attention went horribly awry as it resulted in them not knowing where to then go with the series.

thernz

*turns fan his way*

ONORE KANZAKI SHIRO!!
*turns fan his way*

ONORE KAZAMI SHIRO!!

I personally thought Ryuki's ending was fitting in that they stopped the Rider War in the best way possible. Yay! No one's dead! Sure, the Rider War turned moot but that's ok! It's better for wars to have never happened anyway! I guess. dot dot dot
Uh, yeah. I dunno. *hides*

Black Fang

But by erasing everything you also erase all the development the people involved went through. All of Shinji's, Ren's, Kitaoka's, etc. growth and maturation are lost. They're right back where they started. Though in a way, you could say it was Kanzaki once again manipulating and hurting people simply to try to please Yui. It's not as though everything became honkey-dorey.

I used to not mind the show finale, but after seeing it in full again I have to agree with Shougo. Episode Final and 13 Riders are much more satisfactory than the last 10 episodes of the show.

Impulse87

it was great seeing reimaginings of the hesei rider series, unfortunately it became far too formulaic

1. tsukasa and friends arrive in a new world
2. tsukasa meets the rider, a fight may or may not occur (tsukasa may or may not form ride into the previous world's rider and play around with their powers)
3. the villain shows up, fights ensue, Narutaki may or may not show up and summon a rider from another world and have them fight tsukasa
4. that world's rider goes through some problem of some sort
5. tsukasa helps them overcome it, says some speech, that rider's cards activate,they fight the monster and tsukasa final attack rides.

in the end nothing was really accomplished, but i suspect the true ending will come in the fall, Narutaki did absolutely nothing as a villain, they even gave him a henshing tuning fork from hibiki, how great would it have been if they revealed that Narutaki was actually Hibiki? Nope that never played out.

let's hope W is better

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts