Kamen Rider Hibiki: Quietly being the Worst Heisei Series along with Decade

Heroes are forever
Actually, Kamen Rider is known for having bittersweet endings. The heroes triumph in the end... but there's a catch.
Without getting into spoilers, I can say the following for all the series until Wizard (I haven't finished/seen Gaim & Drive yet)

First Series: One of, if not the, happiest. The only catch is saying farewell to a character we will never see again on-screen. But, then again, it's the end of the series. There's other characters we never saw again on-screen. I just have to mention it because it's executed in a tearful way.
V3: One of the happiest too. Though if you remember what happened in the penultimate episode, not so much. That's the catch. If thought about and linked to Stronger, there is something inconclusive about it.
X: Lonely Kamen Rider. Like V3, it makes it clear that the Rider will be alone at the end. That being said, it's one of the happiest. There's some things I still didn't quite get since I watched it unsubbed, though.
Amazon: Lonely Kamen Rider. But it's happy enough.
Stronger: There's a huge loss in the series five episodes before this... but we're not talking about that, are we? If anything, that death is avenged. So, I'd say it's a happy ending.
Skyrider: Bittersweet. No doubt about it.
Super-1: Lonely Kamen Rider. This time there is a love interest, so this aspect is amplified. The execution of that is strong enough to make me say this is bittersweet.
BLACK: One of the most melancholic of them all. Lonely, lonely.
BLACK RX: Bittersweet. You can thank General Jark for that.
Kuuga: Happy. Lonely Rider.
Agito: Happy too.
Ryuki: To me, this is a bittersweet ending. A thing happened that made everyone's lives "happy"... but with a catch.
Faiz: Inconclusive. Bittersweet too. If we go by what Rider Taisen and Kamen Rider #4 told us, it's even more so.
Blade: Same as BLACK.
Hibiki: Inconclusive, but happy. It's bittersweet in meta, though :p
Kabuto: I'd like to say it's happy but there's two character deaths that make me say no. I would say it's bittersweet too.
Den-O: I'd say it's happy enough. But it's easy to see why this would be bittersweet. Given the positive "we will meet again" attitude everyone has, though, I'd say it's happy. It's implying that even those who have "faded out of existence" will come back.
Kiva: Bittersweet. Unless you ignore 1986.
Decade: Quite happy, though there's a catch calling back to Stronger. I'm going by Movie War 2010, not by Ep. 31. All things considered, though, it's happy enough.
W: Bittersweet. I can't possibly say why without spoilers.
OOO: Bittersweet. No doubts about it.
Fourze: Same as W.
Wizard: Bittersweet. No doubts about it.

I could go on a tangent about how the entire premise of many series and the Riders' powers will make many endings bittersweet no matter what happens (which is represented by the "Lonely Kamen Rider" trope I kept mentioning) but I'm keeping it simple.

I'd say that some of those Bittersweets are actually the Japanese idea of a happy ending. Remember, there's a huge cultural situation here around death and youth and change, so something that dies isn't always bad.

I started watching Hibiki today, and about 5 episodes in, I absolutely love it. The first episode is the best single rider show I've seen. Cinematography, humor and that dumb, fantastic musical number. Just great. I hope it doesn't change too much, but I guess it must, or we wouldn't be here talking about it.

I started watching Hibiki today, and about 5 episodes in, I absolutely love it. The first episode is the best single rider show I've seen. Cinematography, humor and that dumb, fantastic musical number. Just great. I hope it doesn't change too much, but I guess it must, or we wouldn't be here talking about it.
Yeah don't expect many more musical numbers. They got phased out quickly.

Yeah don't expect many more musical numbers. They got phased out quickly.

That, plus Hibiki's fire breath (parents complained that it scared their children). When you think about it, you can almost see from the get-go that the show was having some serious behind the scenes issues.

That, plus Hibiki's fire breath (parents complained that it scared their children). When you think about it, you can almost see from the get-go that the show was having some serious behind the scenes issues.
I'm only going by memory, and it's been about 5 years since I watched the show, but I thought the fire breath lasted a little while longer? IIRC it was something that got used rarely but popped up now and then until the production team changed over. The same with his Wolverine claws. Tbh I suspect it was just a case of "expensive to CGI, doesn't promote a toy, ditch it" rather than a complaint-driven change.

I'm 20 episodes in, and this is probably my favorite series I've seen. I'm really disappointed that it will change.

I read that the fire and claws were dropped after 30. The KR Wiki says specifically that they were dropped from parent complaints, but I didn't check their sources.