Raxbait: Hip
Oh, anybody else think the reason Wataru wanted the AU riders destroyed is because so he and the other riders could get their powers back?

I'll admit, bringing the Showa Riders to the show that was celebrating the last 10 years is still a big WTF for me.
They really did have no clue what to do after Hibiki's World >_>

Decade was to celebrate Heisei 10 years, but they bring back showa riders for no reason and not even explain much of their existence. Narutaki summon riders for useless reasons, but guess was fan service. All the AU and original messes me up if Black and RX is not same person then that mean they're AU riders same for all other showa riders. At the end the big fight all AU riders gone except AU Kuuga, which doesn't make sense. So Wataru and Kenzaki are the original riders, but aren't the ones we see in past 9 years, but they're consider the real one in Decade series.

See? You're being willfully myopic

No, I'm not being nearsighted or 'tunnel visioned'. I am calling a spade a spade.

All you're focusing on is how the show isn't the show you wanted Toei to make, not actual production flaws of the show Toei did make.

Even putting aside how Decade was a big cheat, the whole effort by the cast screamed "I'd rather be doing something else" laziness.

To say it's dreck you'd need to be proving the show was poor on all fronts and it just wasn't. The writing was weak but that's only one aspect of the series.

It's far from just the writing. (Which is still a legitimate complaint even if it was.) People have been showing just how weak this show is for months now, they just usuially get shoved aside by the Decade bandwagoners who see no wrong.

The casting was good across the board

You mean the bunch of deadpans who just went with the motions of the scrpit without portraying a real sense of giving a damn about what was happening? (Cast and characters alike.)

the direction and suit acting was excellent

What direction??! The show had no direction since day 1. "Uuuhhhh he has to go to all the Worlds to save them". That was the premise. But there was no plot to it. Just a whole bunch of World hopping that ultimately lead to nothing. Just more fake fanservice.

And how was the suit acting any different from what they've been doing in the past?

the fights were well-choreographed

Again, how? What was so special about Decade's action?

the production values were quite good save for a too-old suit here and there, the pace was quick and didn't give you time to get bored.

That's funny, considering I spent most of the show being both incredibly bored and annoyed at the blatant lack of quality.

It wasn't the best action show, no, but you cannot validly argue it's dreck without arguing against the entire genre. Decade was a decent if flawed effort.

So Decade = all of toku now? That's a tad insulting to the truly good shows, don't you think? ...

Arguing with Black Fang is pointless. He doesn't like something due to one reason or another (in Decade's case, its base concept) and so won't acknowledge anything good that might have been done by it.

What direction??! The show had no direction since day 1. "Uuuhhhh he has to go to all the Worlds to save them".

Anyway... Are you serious? :eyebrow: "Direction" there clearly was about "scene direction", considering how it was coupled with comments about suit acting and choreograph, not plot.

Besides, even plot-wise, Decade is one of the few Heisei Rider shows that actually fulfilled its foreshadowing and didn't just randomly dismiss elements from early episodes.

Wataru mentioned companions and a Ryuuki was seen in the first episode? It turned out Ryuuki really was one of his companions. Wataru talked about destroying Riders to save the worlds? Look, he returns saying the same thing.

Completely different from things like the random berserker Agito... in Agito... or the references to Tendo getting the belt from the sun in early Kabuto. And this was after a writer change, making the more or less stable continuity even more impressive.

Last edited:
Lurker
While the plot does come together in the end, I would have to say it tends to go off-track quite a lot especially after they are finished with the 9 worlds.

Everything from Nega-Amazon is quite pointless and feels like they're senseless fanservice with all the Sentai teamup and Showa Riders, nothing that really contributes to the plot overall except the Nega world where Tsukasa gets the K-touch and if they can explain why it's there in the movie but even then that world is full of useless filler like Natsumi's past and Tsukasa/Yusuke's mini adventures but that can be used to argue it's build up for when Tsukasa rejects Nega world so mainly Natsumi's past.

Diend's world which isn't really Diend's world but Kaitou's world which explains his past which turns out to be not that big of a deal but at very least it tells us where he came from.

All of that said, I know not every episode can be plot-centric but I think the later episodes can be used better to explain more things.

Arguing with Black Fang is pointless. He doesn't like something due to one reason or another (in Decade's case, its base concept) and so won't acknowledge anything good that might have been done by it.

Certainly there are things I liked (as I have described in the past if you cared to pay attention), but they really mean little in the big picture. They don't change the fact that this was a disaster of a show.

All of that said, I know not every episode can be plot-centric but I think the later episodes can be used better to explain more things.

Nega and Diend Worlds were pointless and boring, but RX and Amazon introduced and presented Daishocker, which has become quite relevant for this series in spite of being thematically inappropriate.

Certainly there are things I liked (as I have described in the past if you cared to pay attention), but they really mean little in the big picture.
They don't change the fact that this was a disaster of a show.

I remember some of your comments, actually, like one about apreciating the the news reports in the first Kabuto World episode.

Either way, your comments are just too biased sometimes. About those same episodes, I remember you starting a rant about how no one could act and/or the characters were horrible because they weren't frightened by the Worm Tsukasa- you were basically complaining because the character didn't act the way you wanted them to act, rather than complaining about some actual problem.

Last edited:
Soooooo... I really wish the return of the Real Blade would have been explained. :disappoin

But isn't Den-O practically the only one who fits perfectly within the show's canon? :sly:
Decade is the second to actually do this. All I was saying I really don't feel the series can be called done. Most rider series don't end until one full year is done. Sure us English speaking fans will have to wait a long while before seeing it all come together. Had we had access to everything within the same time span I bet you everyone would have reacted differently.
Just because they tried something new with this series we can't say the whole series is bad. They actually did something quiet refreshing and it's obvious this true finale will be better then most due to the higher budget. Of course I guess you can say the series was a waste of time or w/e you wish but it does feel unfair if the whole thing was planned to be told with a series + two movies.

Movie wise the only ones that fit within canon are the Den-O movies and Agito Project G4, and maybe the Kiva movie. Of course there would be a different reaction but still I'm sure people would still be unhappy. Well I wasn't saying the series was bad nor did I say the series was a waste of time because it took this approach though, its just that the series had a sour ending. And even if you wanted to tell the story by ending it with a movie its still very possible to have some sort of closure in the series itself. Just because there's a movie to follow doesn't mean the series should have some anti climatic ending. Its been done tons of times outside of toku.

Mad Skillz
Why do people keep saying Agito fits in with the series...? Heck, even the commercials made it crystal clear that it was taking place outside of the TV series universe.

Anywho...for anyone interested:
Kamen Rider Decade the Movie: All Rider VS Dai-Shocker
First week - 1st place
Second week - 3rd place
Third week - 4th place
Current earnings: $15,910,494

It's already gone on to become the highest earning Heisei movie (Rider movie in general?) and the one to make it to that point the fastest. Makes me think Toei might see some more staying power in Decade.