Chou Sei Kantai Sazer X - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

boogie woogie feng shui
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
I think their costumes look fwickin' horrid. :(

Welcome to the wonderful world of tokusatsu! :dance:

Keith "JC" Hayward said:
I think their costumes look fwickin' horrid. :(

I find them absolutely classy. They give off a real classic feel, which adds to the whole retro feel the show has.

Bolt said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of tokusatsu! :dance:

Nah. I liked the majority of the New Gen Kamen Riders... I thought the GS's suits were alright, and so were the Justi's... I like the Deka suits as well as Time Force's... but these are kinda fugly in my book. :p

boogie woogie feng shui
Yeah, but those that you mentioned are a very very few shows. The Sazer X costumes harken back to the good ol' days and have a great retro look to them, just like the feel of the show. These crazy metallic fancypants New Gen costumes have only recently started really getting absurd. Really, those people that don't like Sazer X at this point probably wouldn't dig a lot of classic tokusatsu, as the style and feel is very similar.

I like the classic costumes because they are classic. Because they are of that era.

I'm no fan of heroes trying to look like that now. :p

I admire the old and honor them for doing the best they could with what they had and at their time they did it the best in their field.

Doesn't mean I want to see it now tho.

Glad it's workin' for you guys, but for me the heads are too bobblie and the shoulder pads look funky.

boogie woogie feng shui
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
Glad it's workin' for you guys, but for me the heads are too bobblie and the shoulder pads look funky.

Good reasons to hate a costume! :laugh:

Keith "JC" Haywar said:
I admire the old and honor them for doing the best they could with what they had and at their time they did it the best in their field.

You have to keep in mind, the Cho Seishin series has a miniscule budget compared to the huge budget tokusatsu out now by Toei and also shows like Garo. They're STILL doing the best they can do. Personally, I like the looks of all the Toho costumes thus far (Beetle-Sazer, Sazer Pisces and Riser Gant are near the bottom of the list though), I think they're doing great for what money they have.

Odd, cuz in some respects it looks like they have a bigger budget than TOEI with this show.

The opening space battles and the quality of the monster designs seems just... better.

Hey, I admire that they do the best they can with what they got. Another of my reasons for likeing tokusatsu, but these designs aren't because they're limited in vision, budget or experience. They chose to look like this.

boogie woogie feng shui
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
Odd, cuz in some respects it looks like they have a bigger budget than TOEI with this show.

The opening space battles and the quality of the monster designs seems just... better.

Are you kidding? Toei's staff wipes their asses with Toho's budget. Have you ever noticed that all the electricity and energy effects are little more than cartoons? The monster designs are better, because Toho makes the best monster suits in the history of monster suitage, but despite the uber shitty looks of Kamen Rider and Sentai villains, I'd be willing to bet their suits cost 3 or 4 times more than the average Toho villain suit. Plus, look at the film quality. The Seishin shows are shot on simple mid-range DV, Kamen Rider is shot on high quality DV with color correcting, all glossed up nice and purdy, sentai shows are shot on Hi-Def. There's a big, very noticeable difference there.

Keith "JC" Hayward said:
Hey, I admire that they do the best they can with what they got. Another of my reasons for likeing tokusatsu, but these designs aren't because they're limited in vision, budget or experience. They chose to look like this

Um... yes, yes they are. Maybe not in vision, but the designers' vision is limited by the amount of money they're provided. These things aren't multi-billion dollar productions like US shows dude.

Keith "JC" Hayward said:
I like the classic costumes because they are classic. Because they are of that era.

I'm no fan of heroes trying to look like that now. :p

I guess that's why retro shows like Happy Days and That 70s Shows never lasted... OH WAIT! They did! In fact, they were very highly rated shows.

Retro works and has worked in television for years. I don't see why tokusatsu doesn't deserve giving it a shot.

OH WAIT!! I never said that retro doesn't work or provide highly rated shows!! :eek:

I said I don't like how it's done here in Sazar X.