Read my smart post
I know TVN subbed it, it is the first in the series and I was contemplating watching it.

What did you guys think of it? Any thoughts? Should I stay away?

Raxbait: Hip
I say give it a try, it's something new and different. Although it's been a few years since I saw it, it's still one of my favorite's.

Altair
Personally, I just couldn't get into it.
I've given the show about 3 tries and I can't make it past episode 6. There was lots of work done on this show but I just couldn't find any heart in it and it failed to keep my attention.

Justirisers is better, but the villain designs are still pretty blad.

Sazer X is where it's at. I like the heroes and the villains. The designs aren't great but they are okay, the plot is actually bearable and the way it's directed feels much less amateurish this time around.

Really my biggest gripe in this series is the lighting, which I personally think makes or breaks the mood in a show, and this one just doesn't try and all the colors feel washed out because of it. This is all to a much lesser extend in Sazer X however.

Mad Skillz
More or less.

I think it's the weakest of the three Chouseishin shows. It's got too many characters to properly balance and three or so of them get any decent screen time, so it often feels like they're just being wasted. Visually it's a lot of fun to see a new(ish) take on giant mecha, where the series really excels. It's not bad, it's just not all that good. These are the guys who made Godzilla, so that's what they're great at. I think Sazer X and then Justiriser are better shows.

CHANGE! GoseiJon!
I think all 3 shows are good. However, I do agree with Aoi. There were too many characters and they all come together to transform once, and that's at the end. However, I still say the music from the show is awesome. I would even suggest, even though it may be tough, to watch all of Gransazer. Though it starts fast and slows down in the middle, it picks up in the end and has an awesome finale. Why watch all of it? Because in Sazer X, the 3rd/final series, they have a team up between all 3 series. Watching all 3 and then the movie will be really rewarding in the end.

Eye See You
Gransazer is awesome, especially the drama and music in the series. The only thing that hurt it was having 400 members on the team.

I say watch the entire trilogy and get blown away. Just be prepared to not look at Sentai mecha fights the same way ever again after seeing this.

Personally, I do like the plot but wow... there were so many people to keep up with thus far. I'm halfway through the series but don't know when I'll pick it up again to watch.

The action and choreography, though, isn't as comparable to its Super Sentai counterparts.

Fear the glasses!!
I think combining Aoi Kurenai and FK's recommendation makes for a pretty accurate read on the Seishin Genre. Personally, I loved Gransazer and Justirisers pretty hard, and couldn't stand Sazer X, but yeah. The three give a good picture of Toho's take on tokusatsu.

Oh and somewhat a mix of the sentai and the seishin series is Ryukendo. Highly recommend it.

Aoi: I think I may try Sazer X one more time...I've tried twice to get into this. Maybe third time's the charm.