I just watched the last series sazer-x and all three shows were actually good. The stories were good, the fight was superb, and the mecha fights were better than the most pr/sentai battles.

Mecha fights were the Sei Shin Series' strongest suit.

The show ended abruptly due to Sazer X's dismal ratings, as far I can recall.

Mad Skillz
I think it was probably because of dropping sales since the start of the franchise. I read somewhere that Toho had tried to go for a lighter approach in a series as Blade and Nexus were airing at the time and considered something that might not interest kids and apparently that didn't work out. Each subsequent series had a lower ratings percentage as well. Really sucks, I'd love for the franchise to return, but I doubt it will. I know one complaint I've heard is that they basically removed the "god" portion of the series by the time Sazer X came along.

I share in that complaint. The Chou SeiShin and Gen SeiShin had a "godly" aura about them. Plus they were sentient or semi-sentient. With the Ryu SeiShin, they're just lifeless machines.

Which reminds me, why was the show named "Chousei Kantai Sazer X" instead of "Ryu SeiShin Sazer X"?

D

Dr Kain

Because the shows got progressively worse at they went on. Gransazer started out really good, but after a while, they seemed to had forgotten they had 12 main characters, NOT 4. The plots got really dumb and they started to just recycle monster designs from Godzilla movies. Again though, the biggest problem was the cast was too large for the writers to handle because 90% of the time it revolved around the Flame Tribe rather than any of the other characters, especially after the Water Tribe became good. By Sazer-X, they forgot what made the show good in the first place and went for more crappy slapstic comedy than actually a serious show.