Chou Sei Kantai Sazer X - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

I totally agree that Sazer-X is still better than Harryhou Sentai Potter-ranger.

However, I can't shake the feeling that this could have been ... more:
the concept is great, the characters intriguing and the plot allows for some seriously interesting twists.
My fear is that it will stay at that, just potential. I'm not so thrilled with the 'Sazer Fleet' design and specs. I hope they'll put in some cool twists story-wise. It doesn't need to be Justirizer-ish and they are more than welcome to break new ground here, but God, would I love to have seen huge space ships straffing each other with batteries of guns blazing! (see: Stargate SG1, Star Wars, Battle Star Galactica, etc)

But like you said, maybe I expected too much.

kyo28 said:
I totally agree that Sazer-X is still better than Harryhou Sentai Potter-ranger.

My fear is that it will stay at that, just potential. I'm not so thrilled with the 'Sazer Fleet' design and specs. I hope they'll put in some cool twists story-wise. It doesn't need to be Justirizer-ish and they are more than welcome to break new ground here, but God, would I love to have seen huge space ships straffing each other with batteries of guns blazing! (see: Stargate SG1, Star Wars, Battle Star Galactica, etc)

Well at the current point of the plot you really shouldn't expect a "fleet", if there's a plot twist where our heroes do obtain the cosmo capsules, and the future begins to change, then I can see how that should be possible. I do get where you are coming from, and look at SG1, it took a long time for Earth to get ships like the Prometheus. The Sazer X crew is a last ditch effort to save the future, if their efforts begin to trickle down into the future, I think we should expect a bigger and better armament.

Eye See You
Episode 1 was pretty good. The only gripe I have is the slower paced/Ultraman style orchestral music. I was expecting the Gransazer/Justiriser metal style music throughout the fight scenes and whatnot but I dunno.... I'm a bit dissapointed with that considering the music was a big thumbs up for me with the 2 previous shows.

Oh, well I won't give up on it yet. The story seems very solid and I love the Sazer-X suits.

Last edited:
Lurker
I wish another sub group would do Saxer X. Tired of waiting for TV-N to sub a ep,but intill that day i guess raws will do.

boogie woogie feng shui
They've already said that there's almost zero interest in doing the show, so that day might not come. I can't say I blame them really, Sazer X hasn't gripped my attention at all.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
I watched episode 1 yesterday and it was pretty good. I liked it alot.

GORDO FOREVER!

Kyusaku said:
I do get where you are coming from, and look at SG1, it took a long time for Earth to get ships like the Prometheus. The Sazer X crew is a last ditch effort to save the future, if their efforts begin to trickle down into the future, I think we should expect a bigger and better armament.
Indeed, SG1 took about 3 seasons to really get fired up, which is all in all logical since humanity took its first steps through the Stargate and needed time to develop equipment and so on.

But I really like your premise of the time-wrinkle principle: throw a rock in a pond and it will make ripples in all directions. If they do indeed throw in that kind of twist, it could turn things seriously around, as you said. The whole time-paradox thing has serious potential, both regarding to the armaments and the plot itself!
I'll keep watching the show and see what comes up ...

Oh and, I gotta admit I love the idea of them not only fighting on earth but also on rocky surfaces in space (forgot which ep it was). That at least already gave a more space opera feel to it.

kyo28 said:
But I really like your premise of the time-wrinkle principle: throw a rock in a pond and it will make ripples in all directions. If they do indeed throw in that kind of twist, it could turn things seriously around, as you said. The whole time-paradox thing has serious potential, both regarding to the armaments and the plot itself!
I'll keep watching the show and see what comes up ...

Oh and, I gotta admit I love the idea of them not only fighting on earth but also on rocky surfaces in space (forgot which ep it was). That at least already gave a more space opera feel to it.

First of all I don't think we have a full Sazer team yet. The Sazer pad lists 4 elements. While our heroes only cover 3 elements. And December Terebikun mentioned the introduction of a new ally for the January issue.

I also like to attribute this series' title to the fact things are a lot more technical and scientific. Gransazers and Justirisers had much more spiritual mythological themes for its armament. Where some of the summoned mechs had minds of their own or the whole passed down powers, etc.

Time travel is a interesting, but difficult plotpoint to pull off. I'd be interesting if what I mentioned before happens. I was also thinking about the future space pirates providing reinforcements to the present time ones.

Yeah, I hope to see more space battles, I'm also interested to see Takuto travel to the future to see what it's like. The series has a lot of potential as I've stated, if they use it, it'll be quite interesting. At least for now it's entertaining me.

Lurker
Bolt said:
They've already said that there's almost zero interest in doing the show, so that day might not come. I can't say I blame them really, Sazer X hasn't gripped my attention at all.

Looks like you were wrong,because they just released Sazer X ep 1. lol

Ep 9 was HILARIOUS! I was laughing the whole time. What a weird situation Takuto got himself into, and great banter with Blaird. Maybe he'll switch sides in the future...?