has left HJU. Not coming back.
Saw sucked. CRAPPY AND HORRIBLE. :nono:

I would like to watch Evil Dead.

boogie woogie feng shui
ForeverRed said:
Saw sucked. CRAPPY AND HORRIBLE. :nono:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh noooooo you didn't!

What didn't you like about Saw? It was great!

Life is showtime
The Japanese version of The Grudge. Had my Dad shitting himself and he's not scared easily!

Would like to change his avatar
Bolt said:
What didn't you like about Saw? It was great!

What version of Saw did you see? I'm not exaggerating when I call it one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was really like kids throwing on their own horror movie, using daddy's camcorder. Atrocious acting, silly plot and ludicrous "twists." Oh, I hated that movie. Never have I felt so ripped off by a free rental.

Cary Elwes should be banned from film after his performance in that.

UNRELATED EDIT: Here's a piece of advice. I asked for good horror recommendations this past Halloween and people kept telling me to check out "Serpent and the Rainbow." God damn, was that movie awful...not scary, not entertaining. So, if anyone points you in the direction of that flick, walk the opposite way.

boogie woogie feng shui
Okay, the good doctor wasn't such a hot choice, but I really enjoyed Wan's direction and Jigsaw's performance. The film was atmospheric and you could really put yourself in Adam's situation or any of the other victims' and think "What the hell would I do there?" Saw's got more twists and turns than an Indian Burn, and they were good twists. I think you're being a little unfair to it just because it was something different than what you were probably expecting. Saw II wasn't nearly as good IMO, but that's a discussion for another post.

As for Serpent and the Rainbow, they tried to make a semi-fictional horror film based on a nonfiction book about Haitian zombification practices, and it shows. I've seen worse films, but I wouldn't watch it again on a whim.

Eye See You
So far I'm taking a liking to Bolt's THE BURNING.

I've seen all the Exorcist movies, 28 Days later, Saw, etc...

boogie woogie feng shui
The Burning rocks. It's about a camp (Friday the 13th ripoff-ism #1) and some youths at said camp that play a prank that ends up getting the creepy old janitor/caretaker severely burned. After years in the hospital burn ward, he gets out and heads back to the camp to take revenge on a new generation of stupidass teens just waiting to get butchered. It's great!

Eye See You
I think I own part 1 on VHS. I haven't watched it in like 12 years.

Maybe I should watch it. Which is the best of the Hellraiser movies?.