boogie woogie feng shui
I'm a big fan of cult and niche films, but I have surprisingly little experience with sword-and-sorcery action/fantasies outside of the first Conan movie and some more popular classics like Willow and the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Anybody have any good recommendations for some supernatural medieval action that doesn't blow, preferably something a little more off the radar?

not a movie but if you like comics I suggest the hedge knight story line its collected in two trades & also hardcovers, easy to pick up & a great read :) I only wish more were coming out :( LOL

go with the classics: Clash of the titans, I've heard good things about Krull, although the later may also have elements of the sci-fi genre

I enjoy Red Sonja, but I can't look you in the eye and tell you it's good. Kull the Conqueror is pretty decent. Wonderfully cheesy too.
The Sword and the Sorcerer is pretty archetypical of the genre, but holy balls, that is the ugliest damn sword in existence.

I was actually going to say that movie! Awesome film, especially his sword. I would also reccomend the Beastmaster series. The first one is a great fantasy film and while not nearly as good, I still enjoy the 2 sequels. The 2nd one actually has the Beastmaster wind up in present day LA. In any case, definitely check out the first one for a really well done sword and sorcery film.

LOVED the first Beastmaster!

Thinking about it... it's kinda weird how few fantasy films I'd actually recommend. :disappoin