The Cheese Reel: B-Movie Recommendations and Talk-Up

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Allow me to come out of the proverbial closet for a second and profess my love of the "Bad Movie".

People always ask me why I even watch this **** and I always say "I always get a laugh out of how the people who made it who thought it was going to be a huge hit."

So for the sole purpose of finding more ways to soil my mind, I created this thread to give out recommendations to other fans of bad cinema and to just to discuss the ones you're currently wadding through.

My Own Recommendations~

-Return Of The Street Fighter: Terry Tsurugi (Sonny Chiba) avenges a friend of his father by taking down the Yakuza who are embezzling money for a fake karate school. Second entry in the Street Fighter Trilogy.

-Abraxas Guardian Of The Universe: In order to cease the destruction of the world, Abraxas (Jessie "The Body" Ventura) must kill the son of his former partner who has since gone rouge.

-Spirtual Kung-Fu: During an attack on the Shaolin Temple, a very important book containing instructions on how to preform the deadly "7-Style Fist" is stolen. All is thought lost until a metorite crashes into the temple and allows Yi-Lang (Jackie Chan) to find the book that teaches the legendary "5-Style Fist" which is the only martial art that can counter the "7-Style fist".

-Breathing Fire: Two boys who enjoy competing in Martial Arts tournaments find out that their father is not all that he seems when their estranged uncle brings with him the daughter of a victim that the boy's father killed.

-The Legend Of The 8 Samurai: The Motufuji Demon Clan inact their revenge on the Shiba Clan who killed them a 100 years ago. They kill all the clan leaders except for one, Princess Shizu. In order to survive, the princess, along with her two guards, must find those who bare a glowing crystal ball. (Personal Favorite)

-Final Cut: After his father dies in a shoot out, Lance leaves home to find himself. After sleeping on the side of the road next to roadkill, he meets an ametur filmmaker named Buck who's trying to make a movie out of Lance's favorite novel. But as time goes on, Lance finds that theres a little more to Buck then one would think

-Meet The Feebles: Everything goes wrong as the Feeble puppets are about to air their first performance on live network television. Peter Jackson's second movie

-SGT. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.: After kissing a dying asian man, a typical police cop recieves the power to turn into a Kabuki actor with attitude. One of Llyod Kaufman's Troma classics

Last edited:
They call her one-eye
My Own Recommendations~
-The Return Of The Street Fighter: Terry Tsurugi (Sonny Chiba) avenges a friend of his father by taking down the Yakuza who are embezzling money for a fake karate school. Second entry in the Street Fighter Trilogy.

The street fighter Trilogy taught me how to be a man goddamnit!

boogie woogie feng shui
Oooh, oooh, I wanna play!

1990: Bronx Warriors - Shameless, classic Italian exploitation cinema standout that borrows liberally from both The Warriors and Escape From New York and somehow manages to be cooler than both movies. Focuses on a motorcycle gang led by the awkwardly-proportioned, babyfaced street warrior Trash who along with his rebellious companions attempts to reclaim the streets from the threat of a scheming corporation owner, or something. Honestly the only reason to watch this movie for Mark Gregory's pouty, gangly screen presence and the roller skating aluminum foil burlesque ninjas.

Tower of Death - Tong Lung is Bruce Lee... or is he? No, he isn't. He is, however, fairly maneuverable and puts in an exceptional (for a Bruceploitation flick) performance as the conspicuously identical twin brother of the deceased actual Bruce Lee, played by poorly-edited composite clips of the legend from documentary footage and past films. The setup might be doubtful, but this movie has everything: Bruce Lee mimmickry, Hwang Jang Lee, chi power, upside down towers of primitively "futuristic" technology (and a big pool of blood for no reason), an oddly mesmerizing soundtrack, outlandish set and costume design, and tons of fantastic fight choreography owing to the unexpected contributions of Yuen Wo Ping. One of my favorite kung fu movies for a reason.

Surf Nazis Must Die - Possibly the most notorious yet obscure Troma film in the entire catalogue, this one features all the budget lack, sour acting, incoherent narrative, offensive but somehow intriguing material to be expected of Lloyd Kaufman's peculiar brand of filmmaking, with the added bonus that it's... a serious movie. While not particularly profound, the story cycles between subtexts of racism, intolerance, gang violence, territorialism and Aryan culture, and there's also a scene where some guy's old black granny goes apeshit with a luger and hand grenades. Well worth the watch for the inexplicable blend of confusion and enlightenment you feel as soon as it's over. It wears off.

Banned
Any Reb Brown movie, with special mention to Strike Commando, Yor the Hunter from the Future and Space Mutiny.

Super Moderator
I think my personal favorite bad movie is The Wraith because not only is it bad in a kind of fun way but also nearly every single line of dialog is hilariously riffable.

For example:

"A roadblock can't stop something that can't be stopped."

"A Wraith, man! A ghost! An evil spirit and it ain't cool!"