Power Rangers Samurai - Episode 1 'The Team Unites' (Check first post for download)

I mean talked about doomed from the start. I mean I was like 'What the hell just happened? Is this really a 1st episode or what? that makes NO sense.'

I loved every minute of this episode but i was little disappointed the premiere not the pilot but some shows still does this whole random episode and later the pilot of the series:disappoin

The apparent change in episode order caught most people off-guard but it does kinda make sense:

When a show premieres you need an episode where something HAPPENS. An origin episode would be primarily exposition & probably wouldn't grab attention nearly as well. Since this primetime slot appears to be a one-time thing we can probably assume regular episode order will resume once regular airdate starts.

Couple extra thoughts:

*Seems to be a fairly faithful adaptation of Shinkenger, which I am in favor of.
*They kept in the term "Sanzu River" for the villains? Nice.
*The Zords are referred to as "Folding Zords." INSANELY Stupid. I know the target audience is really dumb but I think they would know what "ORIGAMI" means.
*Music & fight visuals are great.
*So they removed the brush from teh Shodophone only to keep the kanji-painting gimmick anyway?? Why???

I loved every minute of this episode but i was little disappointed the premiere not the pilot but some shows still does this whole random episode and later the pilot of the series:disappoin

What I want to know is how common is it for the chronologically first episode in a series to not be first in production number order. That's sure a first for PR if "The Team Unites" isn't the true first episode.

I think I'm in the same boat as you, man.

There haven't been any official signs saying "Nick told Saban '**** the real 1st episode, we're doing this one instead" type of deal yet.
It wasn't that actually it just seems that the episode may have been mislabeled. Think about it the episode is called the team unites. And yet this is the episode where they're already together?
???
Kinda makes you wonder. And no I am not opposed to shows jumping into things immediately but considering the previews and the supposed context of the episode it doesn't make much sense. I guess we'll find out eventually.
I have to watch it again but did the episode title flash on the screen at the start?
We are a fandom that is based around illegally obtained Japanese shows. Suddenly taking a moral high ground with this is hypocritical. I mean how does saying what we do with Sentai and Kamen Rider is alright because it isn't licensed make it any less illegal. While I do believe we should support companies whenever possible no one here has any right to pass themselves off as an angel.
Thats not even the issue. HJU does have a certain stance for these sorta things. It's like the funimation one piece thing all over again. Whats worse is that viacom is known to actively "protect" it's shows. So it's a bit more likely to be hit with a C&D letter. Yes no one really is "good" here but thats not even the point.

Last edited:

DSP

Lurker
After recently watching the first episode of RPM, I still say that saban has a LONG way to go before they reach the same quality as previous opening episodes.

Because by far that was the worst first episode I've ever seen, now if it was deliberate I understand what they were trying to do, show a team in action, but having such a a focused episode about green's anxieties with no idea what troubles they face, I mean hell we were just thrown in there, a small narrative at the beginning does not make up for the lack of any context in the episode itself.

Added to that the flow of the episode was horrible, and I don't care what people say about PR having poor acting as the norm, but atm the cast is VERY stiff and awkward to watch, hell Bulk and Spike(is this right) have a better on screen presence than the rangers atm. The direction of the episode was also horrible, while some scenes looked amazing, the flow between american footage and sentai footage doesn't feel right, it's almost like they went back in terms of integration when RPM got it so spot on : <

It's not all bad though, the cockpit and the sword they use in the cockpit is fucking beastly, I love it compared to shinkenger's traditional background and the sword has all sorts of cool twisty spinnny tomfoolery which I love.

I do hope this improves, it has some interesting ideas flowing around and I hope the execution gets better, after all s'only the first episode.

Red Falcon
It's not all bad though, the cockpit and the sword they use in the cockpit is fucking beastly, I love it compared to shinkenger's traditional background and the sword has all sorts of cool twisty spinnny tomfoolery which I love.

God, i actually hate the cockpit and the sword, its so complicated especially the part where they took it out and unfold it to reveal the blade ... and when the whole team was in the cockpit, i felt as though they actually used the Mega Ranger figures to do the filming lol >.>

Yes, i watched the episode (I was determined not to watch but god, it failed in the end because i wanna see how they adapt Shinkenger) and a few things ...

- Haha i love how Kobayashi was credited with writing the Japanese episode
- Spin Sword ? Folding Zord ? I am fine with Spin Sword but whats wrong with calling their individual zord "ORIGAMI" instead ?
- I hate the Mega Mode ...
- Why aren't the girls covering their eyes when Kevin's pant dropped ?

Overall, i have other things to nitpick about and the first episode ... it could have been better :/