Power Rangers Samurai - Episode 1 'The Team Unites' (Check first post for download)

Ore, Sanjou!
Missed the TV premiere, so had to watch the download

while I'd definitely say it was good, it was also far from perfect. using the plot from episode 3 of Shinkenger was not a good idea because the first episode shouldn't be a focus episode, but an introductory episode. not only that, but the plot seemed too similar to the Shinkenger ep it was based on.

I know that monster dialog is usually bad, but the way that 99% of Rofer's dialog was just bad jokes really got on my nerves.

also, it's only the first episode, but I already found an editing error. when the rangers were using their elemental slashes, it showed them spinning their basic discs, but they slashes had them using their zord discs. even whern the Green Ranger explicitly attached his Bear Disc to the Spin Sword, it showed him spinning the basic disc

as for the good parts it was well-acted, they made good use of the Shinkenger footage, it was surprising how they kept the names of the Sanzu River and Dayu the same, had a good opening, and the Mega Rangers were actually not hard to get accustomed to

I think someone mentioned this a few pages back but what Nick is probably going to do in a month or two is bundle the first two episodes together as some kind of event. Promoting it like this: you may think you know the Power Rangers, but do you really? Find out these they came together in their fight against evil. It is stupid but honestly not that surprising.

Is not impressed right now...

I am AGREEING that they don't need to rush. All I'm saying is, give us a glimpse of what this world is about.

Back to RPM. During the whole scene with Corinth forming in the premiere, we don't get a lot about Scott, Summer, and Flynn, but we get enough so that we can at least somewhat understand why these three were chosen to be rangers. At least give us something like THAT. Just show us what the characters are about, what the status quo is, what the villains do, ANYTHING.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
I have to wonder, really, what their thought process was. The first "sneak peak" clip was, arguably, from the premiere and the majority of the teasers up to that point did the same, ranging from using footage (or adapted original footage) from Episodes 1 and 2. Judging from the episode summaries we have on hand it seems doubtful we'll get to these actual "origin bits" until at least after 4 or so episodes have passed (while running through "upgrade episodes" to boot), which is a full month of televison schedule to get through. Either they think their target audience is that smart enough to wait around for the "plot" or get it from various promos or things exclusively placed on websites, or they think they're ignorant enough to just be content with "stuff blowing up" and "action and pretty lights" to really care about it.

Considering Nick has consistently been pairing the Power Rangers promos with episodes of Spongebob Squarepants since the day they released the first ever Power Rangers Samurai promo a couple of months back..........................

That kinda tells you how Nick feels about the mentality and intelligence of the target audience for Power Rangers.

Super Kamen Sentai Rider
I would agree, but if you're going to start a show off like this, just thrown into the world, you have to either give us something to work with so we can at least piece things together, or give us enough so that we don't care about them filling in the rest of the blanks. We don't get either of those.

They did have that though. Even though it didn't explain Bulk, all these promos and ESPECIALLY the promo right before the actual episode established the entire world of Samurai for the viewer. I still agree that this wasn't the best episode to begin with, but it's not like they gave us nothing :laugh:

#MissionMiami

I am AGREEING that they don't need to rush. All I'm saying is, give us a glimpse of what this world is about.

Wasn't that the point of the video package at the before the episode?

I know for a fact, Kids won't care. Nick's most popular shows (iCarly, Spongebob, etc) started off with with no beginning episode. It went straight into the world.

We know they will give us a logical story behind the team soon.

#MissionMiami
Is it so impossible to wait and see how the storylines flow? It's not that serious.

The fact is, the video package gave us a small brief backstory of the Samurai concept. The villains were sealed by former Samurai warriors, the darkness has returned and now a new team steps up with help from Mentor Ji (showing how they got selected).

That was just enough to get the show started. More details will get explained in the character episodes.

Lurker

uuh, idk man. The first ep seems fine to me for a PR show. I would be on your boat as well but they do after all have like 40 something episodes so there's no rant on my end, nor do I understand your reason for it cause as far as I see it. They did give us a glimpse, but thats just me . . .

Is not impressed right now...
Is it so impossible to wait and see how the storylines flow? It's not that serious.

More details will get explained in the character episodes.

Are you even reading my posts before you respond to them? Because I've said multiple times THAT I AM MORE THAN OKAY WITH THAT. I ACTUALLY PREFER THAT TO HAVING EVERYTHING GIVEN OUT IN THE FIRST EPISODE. We're going in circles about a topic we're AGREEING on.

That was just enough to get the show started.

Except it really wasn't. That's the issue.

All I am saying is that this premiere falls flat because it thrusts you into a story that's hard to care about because you don't know anything.

Last edited: