Power Rangers Samurai - Episode 1 'The Team Unites' (Check first post for download)

I totally had to do this. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht-4hb2MSSc"]YouTube - Ippitsu Sojo~[/ame]

先生
So after watching the first episode i've got a few comments on it.....

The Good :D
1. How faithful the episode was to Shinkenger. I own 5 of the Shinkenger DVDs and the Comeback Shinkenger DVD and must say that seeing episode 3 (one of my favorites) in an Americanized form was really cool.

2. The MegaMode was surprisingly cool. When I first saw the pictures of it I must say I thought "WTF is this crap?", but after seeing it in the episode I was impressed.

3. The opening. Love that it's a throwback to the original MMPR.

4. The episode itself I thought was an interesting take on the story. It had a start in Mike lacking self confidence, a middle in Mike coming to the realization that he has to work with the team in order to get the job done, and the end when the team kicked butt. The acting also was not nearly as bad as some of the promos led it to be.

5. Samurizer. Good name for a morpher.

Now the not so good :(
1. The episode order. As has already been said this was a big issue for me. I already knew the episode by heart, but the average American doesn't even know that Super Sentai exists. I can see how it would have totally been confusing for a first time viewer, you'd think you were in the middle of a season or something.

2. The morphing. While I like that they kept the 火、水,木、土 and 天, the one morphing part I did not like (and still dont) is when those silly face masks come up before their helmets go on. I just think they look cheesy, my two cents.

3. Spike and Bulk. IDK, to me it just felt unnecessary and random. If they were going to include it at all it should have been woven into the plot instead of just randomly inserted.

4. The episode music aside from the opening. It just didn't do anything for me, but then again, the really good MMPR music wasn't in the first episodes either.

5. Go Go Samurai. This to me just seems kind of awkward, but then again its probably my age (21) showing. I loved the "It's Morphin' Time!", "Shift Into Turbo", "Let's Rocket", etc.

Overall I thought it was a solid episode and I throughly enjoyed it. As someone who has not watched Power Rangers regularly since Lost Galaxy when I was a kid I was pleasantly surprised. Can't wait for the new episode on Sunday.

"あぁあぁっーー…!いぃやあ…あ"
Better Quality Power Ranger Samurai Opening than the on the home page

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3NMZJUd-0"]YouTube - Power Ranger Samruai Opening [HD][/ame]

Last edited:
Ugh this was agonizing to watch, to many bad puns & everyone of the ranger's seemed way to cheerful.

Disappointment is an understatement this episode is just teeth pulling bad, character's are uninteresting the voice actor's seem to be phoning their lines in, Bulk didn't provide any humor whatsoever, he was funny back in the original PR and the continuing series, but in this day in age the slapstick with his nephew (who is obviously a Skull stand in judging by his look & voice.) just felt bland & humorless.

Not a good way to to start a new series hopefully this doesn't set the standard for the rest of the series.

Lurker
Bulk didn't provide any humor whatsoever, he was funny back in the original PR and the continuing series, but in this day in age the slapstick with his nephew (who is obviously a Skull stand in judging by his look & voice.) just felt bland & humorless.

I laughed

I have to say the puns weren't so bad compared to the usual ones we get. Some were a bit creative.

先生
I have to say the puns weren't so bad compared to the usual ones we get. Some were a bit creative.

And to be fair the target audience for the series is probably age 6-12 or 13 so they will probably love a lot of these Bulk and Spike moments.

D

Dr Kain

I know you can download it on the first page, but is Saban going to put the first episode on their website to stream it or are they going to be bitches like Cartoon Network and say fu to those who do not have cable?