Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 37 - "Baron Soccer Showdown: Summer Camp!"

Why would a hallucination of Takatora appear to Kouta and Kaito? Takatora may not be able to become Zangetsu anymore but he could maybe serve as like mission control for the good guys. We'll just have to wait and see next week.
 
Why would a hallucination of Takatora appear to Kouta and Kaito? Takatora may not be able to become Zangetsu anymore but he could maybe serve as like mission control for the good guys. We'll just have to wait and see next week.

Nothing signifies that Kouta and Kaito see him too. Micchy probably just sees him in front of Kouta and Kaito.
 
there is no sign of takatora leaving or getting flowers in toei's homepage :redface2:
do we have to wait for a months to see takatora really lives ? :P
coz until now there's a better reason for him to comeback
 
You don't get flowers if you character dies. Flowers are for people who are going to end their involvement with the production of the show. Takatora's actor is still around to film scenes
 
I feel there was a bit of missed opportunity with this episode. We didn't get a look at Gridon and Kurokage at football, and I thought it would've been an idea to give Kurokage shin his debut here to build up a bit of interest.
 
Wow... that was... disappointing. Fun, but disappointing.

Seriously, this entire episode was nothing but promotion, not only for the movie, but for Japan's soccer players and the World Cup. That was so blatant a cash in it was painful to watch.

While it was still plot related, I'm glad they didn't put in anything significant like the finding of Zangetsu's belt, etc... Thus, I can skip it when watching it together with some of my friends who are just getting into KR.

Still, the only thing I could think of when watching this episode was the line: "Constants and variables".
 
I think I can easily say that this was the worst episode of Gaim so far. It just came across as a disjointed mess that went nowhere and meant nothing. I even thought the ToQger and Kikaider episodes were at least OK, but this...
Did we really need to erase Kaito's memories at the end just to make sure he couldn't grow from this experience in any fashion?

On a different note, the guy who teaches Kaito how to play football/soccer was some professional player in Japan right? I don't know anything about Japanese sports teams, but it felt like a token cameo appearance to me.
 
Last edited:
One of the thing that I like about this episode is that they use many ending themes. Hearing Never Surrender and Raise Up Your Flag here is a surprise, wonder why they don't do this more often.
 
Last edited:
I liked this, especially if the foreshadowing they did regarding Kaito vs Kouta really is followed upon by the main story. The guest parts were cheap, but I don't think they hurt the episode much.

Did we really need to erase Kaito's memories at the end just to make sure he couldn't grow from this experience in any fashion?

He still remembered it, just didn't think it was real. I think what the Silver Rider talks about erasing is actually his memories of the original world while he stays in the soccer world - likely to explain why he seems like another AU character in the movie itself. The scenes shown right after he talks about getting rid of Kaito's troublesome memories are from the movie, not from the past.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top