Shining~
The stupidest part in this episode is definitely when Kaito didn't kick the ball, just before Nakamura shows up. Really, even if you don't know anything about soccer, surely you can kick a ball that's not even moving :sweat:

I love the "Kaito's training" part though, simply because it reminds me to "Jonouchi's training" from back then, with all those music from the belt :p

Also, so many insert songs, it's awesome

And looking at Kiwami's use of Melon Defender makes me wish Takatora used his shield instead of his Musou Saber for the Melon Squash he did back then.....

What kind of bothers is me is why Mainstream Kouta (during the movie) would randomly jump into a Crack just to kick Kaito's ass before presumably going to back to Lapis' world to defeat Mars. Seems silly.

Yeah, I find it weird, so I just thought up something - probably the Kiwami Gaim fighting Kaito wasn't from the soccer world, but a copy from another crack that Sagara created.

We don't actually see Kouta jumping into the crack from the soccer world's perspective after all. The entire thing is from main world's perspective.

Also, if I see it correctly, this Kiwami didn't even turn the Kiwami Lockseed to summon his weapon, which indicates this isn't the real one.

Last edited:
The stupidest part in this episode is definitely when Kaito didn't kick the ball, just before Nakamura shows up. Really, even if you don't know anything about soccer, surely you can kick a ball that's not even moving :sweat:

I love the "Kaito's training" part though, simply because it reminds me to "Jonouchi's training" from back then, with all those music from the belt :p

:redface2:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
How do you like how absolutely shameless Takebe is? When you thought it couldn't get any lower than shoehorning the Fake Gavan into Go-busters, here's THREE interruptions during Gaim to plug terrible movies nobody's even going to like.

Can you really blame Takebe for that, though? I'm sure Toei mandated it to promote their latest shiny, just like how we now have multiple commercial breaks throughout the shows to promote the toys instead of just one break

Also, this episode was a not-so-nice reminder of how obnoxious Tomomitsu Yamaguchi is as Sagara. Does anybody else think we need a better actor for the part? Ever since they've hinted that he's supposed to be something more than loudmouth sports announcer, Yamaguchi just blows it; he's a goofball who delivers every line in that annoying, put-on Movie Voiceover Guy voice. Sagara should be played by someone like Tomorowo Taguchi. Even though I don't like Taguchi, he could pull off the obnoxious host part, but also be ambiguous and sinister in the character's off hours. You don't know what to make of a guy like Taguchi, as you're not supposed to know what to make of Sagara, with his unclear intentions. I don't know if Taguchi would want to commit to being a series regular in a toku, but he went to waste in The Next and the Decade episodes of Wizard and would have worked better in Gaim.

I agree Taguchi was wasted in Next, but he flobbed big time in Wiz. Anyway the worst thing is, they have an actor as a regular, who could be perfect for the role as Sagara. I'll give you a hint...he spends all his time behind the counter instead of being the perfect butler to his bff lawyer.

Would like to change his avatar
I agree Taguchi was wasted in Next, but he flobbed big time in Wiz. Anyway the worst thing is, they have an actor as a regular, who could be perfect for the role as Sagara. I'll give you a hint...he spends all his time behind the counter instead of being the perfect butler to his bff lawyer.

He was pretty bad in Wizard, I have to say. But those episodes seemed pretty off, anyway.

But Yuge would have been good! It's strange to see someone like him given such a small role. And he's still way too young to be cast in the part of wise elder who dispenses advice.

D

Dr Kain

Finally watched it and my god this episode was total soccertude. It was absolute garbage. It served no purpose in developing anyone's character, especially Baron's. At least normal filler could have developed someone with something. This craptubular waste of 21 minutes is a travesty!! Next year I hope Toei just goes back to standard filler inbetween story driven episodes and leave this drivel to DVD bonus features.

Can you really blame Takebe for that, though? I'm sure Toei mandated it to promote their latest shiny, just like how we now have multiple commercial breaks throughout the shows to promote the toys instead of just one break

I'm pretty sure this is all Takebe. You don't see it happening in anyone else's series. The Kikaider episode actually gave ratings boost to the show too, so it's not like they're a completely flawed idea from a production standpoint, even if they aren't good for quality. As far as filler goes, I'd easily place that Bravo/Gridon training episode bellow both the Kikaider episode and this movie tie in.

Anyway the worst thing is, they have an actor as a regular, who could be perfect for the role as Sagara. I'll give you a hint...he spends all his time behind the counter instead of being the perfect butler to his bff lawyer.

But Yuge would have been good! It's strange to see someone like him given such a small role. And he's still way too young to be cast in the part of wise elder who dispenses advice.

Yuge as Sagara... now that I think of it, that definitely would have been fun. It might've made up for his wasted role as Mishima in Kabuto. And I still find it odd that he looks younger in Gaim than he did in Ryuki, Kabuto or Shibuya 15.

Gaim 37:

- How would you tell the difference between an Overlord and a regular Invess anyway if you didn't hear them speak?

- I didn't realize how fat Sagara is.

- The sad part about this episode is that I could buy a soccer rivalry between amateur teams more than a bunch of street dancers. At least there you can make the claim that Yggdrasil's takeover of Zawame has reduced it socially to the status of a third word country that obsesses over sports to take their minds off how screwed up their politics are.

On the other hand, what can of soccer team has only three members?

- Look at Kaito, standing proud over not kicking a ball.

- Is this Hopper Invess going back and forth between Kouta and Kaito, or are there two different ones? And if they're the same, why would that guy from the soccer world care about what Kouta's doing? The worlds are merging because of anomalies? This is Decade all over again :shakefist

- You know, if the movie had simply been a tie-in with the show instead of this alternate world soccer nonsense, there would be no need for this awkward episode that does nothing but raise needless questions and make no sense. Why can't Toei just keep it simple, stupid?

If you really need a movie promo episode, then do a straightforward Sagara-induced Kaito-Hopper match coupled with Kouta encountering Mars while looking for the Kureshima brothers.

As it is, this is perhaps the worst crossover I've seen, but still better than that abysmal OOO's 1000th episode special. The Kikaider crossover wasn't as jarring and lazy.

-

How would you tell the difference between an Overlord and a regular Invess anyway if you didn't hear them speak?

That monster isn't supposed to be an Invess at all, which is likely why they threw that line in there. It's supposed to feel different somehow.