I like how people are saying it's a disgrace to Ishinomori's legacy that Drive doesn't have a bike. Does no one remember Shin? A film he had a lot of influence in. Like the poor rider had to run in the credits for taisen.
Shin doesn't have a customised 'hero' bike, but IIRC there was a scene in that film where he was shown riding a normal motorbike while untransformed. Of course, the Hakaider movie probably had its' title character ride (and fight from) a bike more than all three 90s Rider movies combined. :sweat:I like how people are saying it's a disgrace to Ishinomori's legacy that Drive doesn't have a bike. Does no one remember Shin? A film he had a lot of influence in. Like the poor rider had to run in the credits for taisen.
Den-O didn't need a bike because he had his train
I had been looking forward to calling him the amusing and refreshing name of Kamen Driver.
Now, I switch to a mentality that has been around for over a decade. To Toei, Bandai, the producer or whoever is responsible:
If you want to do a show that is not Kamen Rider just pull yourselves together, gather all your guts and be brave enough to take that risk instead of slapping the Kamen Rider name on something that clearly is not meant to be that.
Of course, watching how the series unfolds still remains.
Now that is a nice bike, at least there will be one in this show.
I really hope so too! I actually would really like to see further progression in his character, see him mature and become more hard-boiled than half-boiled.
But what are the chances that they'll bring him back? I'm crossing my fingers. :sweat:
I second that. As much as I think that bikes in Kamen Rider have gradually fallen into obsolescence, I'm still rather shocked that at this decision. It's pretty outraging and disrespectful to totally remove something that's been so essential in the franchise, even if it's presence has been diminishing over the years...
And about the bike discussion again. I think people are forgetting that Mashin Chaser has the bike this time around and I think that's a neat twist that the villain Rider who's not a Rider in name has the bike. It also seems there's going to be alot more vehicle usage this series. Toei/Bandai have made Drive and Tridoron attached at the hip in all of these promos and ads I'm seeing. So I'm pretty sure Toei aren't trying to detach themselves from the bike tradition, I'm frankly glad to see a vehicle as an important part of the series again and not just taking a back seat, no pun intended.
True but its only the main rider that never rides the bike that's the criticism.
close but that's just chaser (mashin chaser's alter ego) in his civilian form riding the bike only.
Isn't that one of the romuoids on the bike? The one from the press conference?