DSP

Lurker
I like how people are saying it's a disgrace to Ishinomori's legacy that Drive doesn't have a bike. Does no one remember Shin? A film he had a lot of influence in. Like the poor rider had to run in the credits for taisen.

I like how people are saying it's a disgrace to Ishinomori's legacy that Drive doesn't have a bike. Does no one remember Shin? A film he had a lot of influence in. Like the poor rider had to run in the credits for taisen.

Shin did have a standard bike used in human form. It just wouldn't fit the movie's aesthetics at all for him to have some kind of super Rider bike. Toei has been kind of inconsistent regarding this though. There was some Let's Go Kamen Riders art with Shin and that bike, but now they completely ignored it.

Shin doesn't have a customised 'hero' bike, but IIRC there was a scene in that film where he was shown riding a normal motorbike while untransformed. Of course, the Hakaider movie probably had its' title character ride (and fight from) a bike more than all three 90s Rider movies combined. :sweat:

IMO, give them a bike if it's relevant to the character, but don't jam it in where it doesn't fit. Den-O didn't need a bike because he had his train. On the other hand, I quite liked how they gave Decade a sport-tourer to fit the show's theme of being an endless journey. In Drive's case, I think it's best to just go with the car rather than try and have it both ways and compromise the theme.

Den-O didn't need a bike because he had his train

True. That bike they shoehorned into the train just so that Den-O could have something that looked like a bike was very out of place when he could show up anytime and anywhere.

Heroes are forever
I had been looking forward to calling him the amusing and refreshing name of Kamen Driver.

Now, I switch to a mentality that has been around for over a decade. To Toei, Bandai, the producer or whoever is responsible:
If you want to do a show that is not Kamen Rider just pull yourselves together, gather all your guts and be brave enough to take that risk instead of slapping the Kamen Rider name on something that clearly is not meant to be that.

Of course, watching how the series unfolds still remains.

I had been looking forward to calling him the amusing and refreshing name of Kamen Driver.

Now, I switch to a mentality that has been around for over a decade. To Toei, Bandai, the producer or whoever is responsible:
If you want to do a show that is not Kamen Rider just pull yourselves together, gather all your guts and be brave enough to take that risk instead of slapping the Kamen Rider name on something that clearly is not meant to be that.

Of course, watching how the series unfolds still remains.

Well, in regards to the Kamen "Driver" comment, Toei said the show will be Kamen Rider, in the context it will be a Rider show still. Not sure how to take that remark when "Drive will not ride a bike at all".

The Wind Of Justice
Did someone say bikes?

[hide] tumblr_nbafezDvsp1tcbqr9o4_1280.jpg[/hide]
Now that is a nice bike, at least there will be one in this show.

I really hope so too! I actually would really like to see further progression in his character, see him mature and become more hard-boiled than half-boiled.

But what are the chances that they'll bring him back? I'm crossing my fingers. :sweat:

I second that. As much as I think that bikes in Kamen Rider have gradually fallen into obsolescence, I'm still rather shocked that at this decision. It's pretty outraging and disrespectful to totally remove something that's been so essential in the franchise, even if it's presence has been diminishing over the years...

LIke i said before that will cause criticism to faithful rider fans who watched both showa and heisei season that they give death threats to the producer demanding him to let Drive to rider both bikes and cars.

And about the bike discussion again. I think people are forgetting that Mashin Chaser has the bike this time around and I think that's a neat twist that the villain Rider who's not a Rider in name has the bike. It also seems there's going to be alot more vehicle usage this series. Toei/Bandai have made Drive and Tridoron attached at the hip in all of these promos and ads I'm seeing. So I'm pretty sure Toei aren't trying to detach themselves from the bike tradition, I'm frankly glad to see a vehicle as an important part of the series again and not just taking a back seat, no pun intended.

True but its only the main rider that never rides the bike that's the criticism.

Did someone say bikes?

[hide]tumblr_nbafezDvsp1tcbqr9o4_1280.jpg[/hide]

close but that's just chaser (mashin chaser's alter ego) in his civilian form riding the bike only.

Toku Prince
True but its only the main rider that never rides the bike that's the criticism.

close but that's just chaser (mashin chaser's alter ego) in his civilian form riding the bike only.

The original Kamen Riders didn't have multiple forms, gimmicks, and were all cyborgs or had cybernetic enhancements. Amazon was the first Rider to be a biological mutation instead of a cyborg. If I recall correctly, Kuuga was the first Rider to have multiple forms. People hardly ever mentioned the bike usage problem before. Now that Drive is only using a car everyone is hopping onto the bashing bandwagon.

Drive has a helmet, he transforms with a belt, he fights monsters that share similar origins to his powers, he has the same eye shape as most Riders, he shares an aesthetic similar to most Riders, etc. He is a Kamen Rider not a Metal Hero. I wish people would shut up about this stuff because you all sound like asinine idiots - not personally attacking you, Kam - who spout out the same "no bike lol Kamen DRIVER not RIDER" line over and over again. It isn't like cars are going to become the staple vehicle of the franchise now! You can live without the titular hero not having a motorcycle for one year!

Yes, I'm not stupid, I know that it's Chase in that image. I'm just pointing out that it isn't like bikes are completely removed from the franchise.

Isn't that one of the romuoids on the bike? The one from the press conference?

Chase/Mashin Chaser, yeah. He isn't stated to be a Roimyuudo though, he's just working with them for some reason.