Correction: Black RX's the first with multiple forms.

As for the rest, I have to agree with you, TaintedSeraph. I think it wouldn't be so bad with the main Rider not to have a bike. A different kind of gimmick, just like Amazon not being a cyborg.

Correction: Black RX's the first with multiple forms.

As for the rest, I have to agree with you, TaintedSeraph. I think it wouldn't be so bad with the main Rider not to have a bike. A different kind of gimmick, just like Amazon not being a cyborg.

Well i guess we might as well try for a bit. i think.:disappoin

LIke i said before that will cause criticism to faithful rider fans who watched both showa and heisei season that they give death threats to the producer demanding him to let Drive to rider both bikes and cars.

Really.

Death threats.

Really.

Heroes are forever
The original Kamen Riders didn't have multiple forms, gimmicks, and were all cyborgs or had cybernetic enhancements. Amazon was the first Rider to be a biological mutation instead of a cyborg. If I recall correctly, Kuuga was the first Rider to have multiple forms. People hardly ever mentioned the bike usage problem before. Now that Drive is only using a car everyone is hopping onto the bashing bandwagon.

Drive has a helmet, he transforms with a belt, he fights monsters that share similar origins to his powers, he has the same eye shape as most Riders, he shares an aesthetic similar to most Riders, etc. He is a Kamen Rider not a Metal Hero. I wish people would shut up about this stuff because you all sound like asinine idiots - not personally attacking you, Kam - who spout out the same "no bike lol Kamen DRIVER not RIDER" line over and over again. It isn't like cars are going to become the staple vehicle of the franchise now! You can live without the titular hero not having a motorcycle for one year!

Yes, I'm not stupid, I know that it's Chase in that image. I'm just pointing out that it isn't like bikes are completely removed from the franchise.
Cyborgs, single forms, etc. are nowhere in the name ''Kamen Rider''.
But a bike, or at least a horse or something that one rides is in it.

That's why I go for changing the name to ''Kamen Driver''. Before Diend got a bike in that brief scene of Let's Go Kamen Rider (which is a blink-and-miss, and that's putting it kindly) I used to suggest he's a Kamen Walker/Runner.
AFAIK, you don't ride a car. So, this guy is not a Kamen Rider. He certainly is masked, though. (Or ''helmeted'' if you will, but I'm only talking about the second word of the name here).

I remember a discussion a long time ago in which someone said the true name of a Kamen Rider should be ''Helmet Driver''. While you do drive a bike, it's also correct to say you ride it. Can't argue with the Helmet part, though. It's still correct to say it's a mask, though it has a more metaphorical meaning in this case. But, anyway, I'm straying from the topic here.

TL;DR Drive doesn't ride his vehicle, therefore he is not a Rider.

Last edited:
LIke i said before that will cause criticism to faithful rider fans who watched both showa and heisei season that they give death threats to the producer demanding him to let Drive to rider both bikes and cars.
Oh please. No they won't. If somebody sent death threats over a children's TV series then the issue is with their mental health and not the show.
It's a powerup and the first in the KR series, if you exclude Ichigo and Nigo's diffrent costumes.
Well if you're going to start including powerups that make a visual difference then you'll have to throw in Amazon with the GaGa Armlet too :sweat:
Cyborgs, single forms, etc. are nowhere in the name ''Kamen Rider''.
But a bike, or at least a horse or something that one rides is in it.

That's why I go for changing the name to ''Kamen Driver''. Before Diend got a bike in that brief scene of Let's Go Kamen Rider (which is a blink-and-miss, and that's putting it kindly) I used to suggest he's a Kamen Walker/Runner.
AFAIK, you don't ride a car. So, this guy is not a Kamen Rider. He certainly is masked, though. (Or ''helmeted'' if you will, but I'm only talking about the second word of the name here).
Yes, and there have been plenty of Riders who biologically change so you are looking at their actual face rather than any kind of mask or helmet. Damn you Kuuga, you are no true KAMEN Rider! We should demand that they change his name to Bio-Face LintoMan! :laugh:

It's Kamen Rider because that is the brand name that Bandai license for their toyline, and they want a show to promote it. People are more likely to buy familiar brand names. If Bandai didn't think the name would help with that, they would tell Ishimori to take a hike, stop spending money to license the name and end the franchise in favour of "Kamen Driver" or some other brand new show.

Last edited:
Welcome

You usually never make sense, but this makes even less sense than the zero sense you usually make. Is there such thing as a negative sense or am I the one making no sense now?