Orange
Meh, as if bikes have been playing much of a role anymore. Here and there when the merchandize is released and then never again afterwards. I'm hoping with this change they'll be using Trideron a LOT more to get around places. I'm tired of riders running as if where the fighting is, is always just a block or two away.

Now that you mention it, I could actually see cars as being the vehicles of future riders (at least the titular ones), just like how the belt styles.

I think older fans are angry because it's another thing that is deviating the franchise from what it use to be

Evil syndicate captures a guy and turns him into a cyborg. Lone hero(who looks like a bug) fights syndicate while riding a motorcycle

I actually thought Gaim was handling bikes decently during most of the show. There were no action scenes aside from the ones also involving the gimmicky bikes, but they were shown to be used as transportation and such pretty consistently... but then the show just completely forgot them as soon as Yggdrazil fell. It's so random and sudden if you look back at it. They suddenly disappeared completely and haven't been used again.

Evil syndicate captures a guy and turns him into a cyborg. Lone hero(who looks like a bug) fights syndicate while riding a motorcycle

That first part actually only happened in the original series and then attempts at reboots (Skyrider, Black) or anniversary specials (ZX).

Last edited:
Meh, it don't bother me that much. I never view the Ride Shooter in Ryuki as a bike since it hardly looks like one in my opinion. I just want a good show.

Well it has two wheels. Plus Shinji and Ren had bikes in both Rider and alter-ego forms, and Tezuka and Toujou had bikes. Alternative Rider also had a bike.

Meh, as if bikes have been playing much of a role anymore. I'm hoping with this change they'll be using Trideron a LOT more to get around places. I'm tired of riders running as if where the fighting is, is always just a block or two away.

What makes you think it'll be any different with a car? Watch them drop it after five episodes >.>

On the other hand though, doesn't Machine Chaser have a bike? And perhaps the second Rider, if one exists, will have one.

EXE

I hope the police aren't made out as bumbling fools like Jinnou and Makura, and Rinko's police department.

That's what worries me about all these supporting cast characters that work in the police department. It'd be nice if they'd flesh out the characters with them having a back story involving a roimyudo and not left with just background hi jinx. But we'll see what happens.

Meh, as if bikes have been playing much of a role anymore. Here and there when the merchandize is released and then never again afterwards. I'm hoping with this change they'll be using Trideron a LOT more to get around places. I'm tired of riders running as if where the fighting is, is always just a block or two away.

You got a point here. The idea of our hero dashing out on the Trideron is a lot more believable than literally dashing out of the usual hangout place and ending up at the scene like a couple of minutes later. I love it when bikes are used well. Like in W Forever and those previews of the Gaim Great Soccer Battle! showing off Baron and some bike stunts but for so many years the bikes just become a one time thing and are mostly forgotten.

Last edited:
Welcome
Anyone else wondering where the Door Gun and the Handle Sword are? They look like standard weapons and not upgrades, but they're nowhere to be found in the scans.

Last edited:
Frankly, no one cares about veteran rider fans except themselves. That is, when Toei makes a decision, the question: "Will this offend all those otaku who like old school Rider?" probably doesn't cross their minds.

And it shouldn't.

That would be a problem and cause criticism to others and by the way guess no one prefers nostalgia anymore right?

Last edited:
Toku Prince
Anyone else wondering where the Door Gun and the Handle Sword are? They look like standard weapons and not upgrades, but they're nowhere to be found in the scans.

Considering their release dates and the fact that they're nowhere to be found in the scans.. It's very likely that Krim Steinbert will develop the weapons and then deliver them to Drive closer to their toy release dates.