Toku Prince
1400771890099.png

The 16th Heisei Kamen Rider series's name has been revealed as Kamen Rider Drive. The name leads most people to believe that it'll be a vehicle-themed Kamen Rider.

Source: HeroShock

HJU FRONT PAGE:
Kamen Rider Drive the 16th Kamen Rider Series

Last edited by a moderator:
So Sentai has done three vehicle theme shows and now it's Kamen Rider's turn to do it now. I guess it won't be long until we had a dinosaur or wild cats/animals (Gekiranger and Gaoranger) theme show for Kamen Rider.

For some reason, the name makes me picture a salaryman Kamen Rider driving a tiny car toward the monster but getting stuck in traffic.

Who wants to bet the transformation belt will be called something like the Drive Driver?

It would good to see a Rider ride around other vehicles than just a bike.

I guess the gimmicks will be wheels that they put in the belt and you use the driving stick shift to transform. I wonder if Drive will make a cameo in the Gaim summer movie?

Maybe in the next Super Hero Taisen movie that they can have Drive team up with the Turborangers, Carrangers and Go-ongers.

It would good to see a Rider ride around other vehicles than just a bike.
Considering how the bikes get squandered more often than not, I'd prefer it if Drive's possible vehicle theme means he uses his bike a little more often :sweat:.

Maybe we'll finally get a proper Rider Break finisher again?

It's definitely going to be interesting to see who the creative team for this ends up being...

I'm envisioning a steering-wheel belt where our protagonist must grab the wheel, turn left, and honk to henshin.:laugh:

Honestly, I would rather the driving refer to the motorcycle instead of a car, it just seems silly for a Kamen Rider to choose a different means of transportation after all these years, on the other hand if this leads to a scene where the main rider just runs over the monster of the week in his car I think I can forgive just about anything else about the show.