Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

From what I understand, they usually rotate writers at Toei for these Rider/Tokusatsu shows in general. What made them decide to get an "outside" writer like Urobuchi for Gaim? Is this a common practice and am I just mistaken?
 
I hope not, more so for Riku Sanjo. But I don't know who this Takahito Ōmori is that some of you have been talking about.

Also, that's quite a minimalistic cast Drive will have, for now. And wait, the Rider's human identity is named Sevens? Strange... I've always been used to titular Riders having a full name :P

Ōmori was the head producer of Kyoryuger and known for making some douchey comments at the beginning of the show about "we wanted to show how strong the Kyoryugers were, and obviously women aren't as strong as men, which is why there's only one female Ranger". That's why some people don't like him (that or they generally don't like Kyoryuger.) He's also worked on Kiva and Gokaiger

The character could have a full name that just hasn't been revealed yet?


From what I understand, they usually rotate writers at Toei for these Rider/Tokusatsu shows in general. What made them decide to get an "outside" writer like Urobuchi for Gaim? Is this a common practice and am I just mistaken?

Because he's a big name in anime and was gonna make the show money. He's stated that he is a fan of Ryuki, so it seems he was open to doing his own take on Kamen Rider
 
Ōmori was the head producer of Kyoryuger and known for making some douchey comments at the beginning of the show about "we wanted to show how strong the Kyoryugers were, and obviously women aren't as strong as men, which is why there's only one female Ranger". That's why some people don't like him (that or they generally don't like Kyoryuger.) He's also worked on Kiva and Gokaiger
I see... sounds like a right sexist.

By the way, I know the production team are still rumours but I would really flip my lid if Daisuke Ishibashi was the writer of the series. For those that don't know or remember, he wrote episodes for Wizard (for the Bogy/Raum storylines) which were nothing but steaming piles of ****, especially for the Raum one (the end of Episode 37 still pisses me off). :redface2:
 
I see... sounds like a right sexist.

By the way, I know the production team are still rumours but I would really flip my lid if Daisuke Ishibashi was the writer of the series. For those that don't know or remember, he wrote episodes for Wizard (for the Bogy/Raum storylines) which were nothing but steaming piles of ****, especially for the Raum one (the end of Episode 37 still pisses me off). :redface2:

According to the same blog the other Drive reports are coming from:

Another rumour from 2ch, this time from someone going by the ID FZhNmKAMBA. As far as I can tell this person has no past credibility but I figured people might want to hear some staff rumours.

Chief Producer: Takahito Ōmori
Main Writer: Shin Yoshida
Pilot Director: Kenzo Maihara

Takahito Ōmori is a producer from Toei who has worked on shows such as Kamen Rider Kiva, Gokaiger, and most recently he was the chief producer of Kyoryuger. Shin Yoshida is mostly known as a series composer and script writer for the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. While Kenzo Maihara has worked as a director for various episodes for both Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.

So ... another anime writer?
 
I quite like Yu-Gi-Oh, so if it's true about Shin Yoshida being the writer, I'll be quite interested to see what he's like with a toku show.

But Ōmori. Ugh. I didn't like Kiva much, and Kyoryuger had massive, gaping sexism problems, and while I did like Gokaiger a lot, it was in that 'well this is a delightfully fluffy, empty spectacle, I love it' kind of way.
 
From what I understand, they usually rotate writers at Toei for these Rider/Tokusatsu shows in general. What made them decide to get an "outside" writer like Urobuchi for Gaim? Is this a common practice and am I just mistaken?

There's no real writer rotation. If you look at the Rider seasons since Decade, no main writer has repeated once, and only Riku Sanjo has returned as a secondary writer after his season was over. Before Decade, it was mostly Inoue shows between shows handled by other various writers, with Kobayashi being the main writer twice.

The rotation you're thinking about is for producers in post-Decade series.
 
Last edited:
There's no real writer rotation. If you look at the Rider seasons since Decade, no main writer has repeated once, and only Riku Sanjo has returned as a secondary writer after his season was over. Before Decade, it was mostly Inoue shows between shows handled by other various writers, with Kobayashi being the main writer twice.

The rotation you're thinking about is for producers.

Hasegawa also returned with Sanjo in Fourze. Do note that the only returning writers came back with Tsukada's shows.
 
Yeah. Seems he wrote #'s 29, 38, & 47-48.
AKA:

- Yousuke and Kouta fight over being leader
- People turn into balloons
- The two-parter where ___-Sama dies
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top