I like Kamen Rider Kiva, But....

Didnt other series do it too?

The only show I can think of offhand that did this is Kuuga. In Kuuga, the character's "logo" is a letter from an alien language that has some in-series significance. I though the logo use was cheesy at first in Kuuga, but later on there's some stuff that changed my mind. The transition is kind of neat.

I honestly can't remember if Kiva's symbol ever has any real plot significance. If it didn't, I could see how it would come off cheesy. If the symbol does mean something, then... no accounting for taste, I guess?
 
Well, the thing is, IIRC it never did have any significance other than resembling Kiva's visor.

Though I'm one of the few who liked the dagger-like effect the logo does when Emperor Kiva does his roundhouse Hissatsu kick.
 
I always thought Kiva's logo was the Fangire ruling family crest or some such.

??? Terui Ryu couldn't let let go until he killed Isaka. Why is it different for Yuri? That's...illogical.
No, it was different because Terui learned to find another goal in life before he killed Isaka, and it was his persistence drawn from that newfound purpose that gave him the strength to allow him to pull off Trial's Maximum Drive.
 
^ Yeah, I remember Shroud walking away after giving Terui the Trial Memory since Terui lost the "hatred" she once thought was firing Terui up.
 
I always thought Kiva's logo was the Fangire ruling family crest or some such.

Kiva's logo is really the King Fangire's symbol since Kiva's powers are suppose to be passed down from each individual King. But when it got to Taiga, that went into the shitter and he ended up with Saga.........which apparently shared the Kiva symbol for some retarded ass reason (prolly for symbolic purposes for being the King Fangire, but this is Inoue we're talking about here :redface2: ).
 
Kiva's logo is really the King Fangire's symbol since Kiva's powers are suppose to be passed down from each individual King. But when it got to Taiga, that went into the shitter and he ended up with Saga.........which apparently shared the Kiva symbol for some retarded ass reason (prolly for symbolic purposes for being the King Fangire, but this is Inoue we're talking about here :redface2: ).

I think while the show was airing someone once posted that the Saga armor was meant to be some training gear for the prince, from one of the magazine scans, but that information was never given in the show.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top