Has anyone else started watching tokusatsu series because of an Ultra Series?

I got hooked on Godzilla first but it was branching out into Ultraman that finally got me to consider the genre as a whole. Dabbling in Kamen Rider and Sentai came out of that and then it all went downhill from there.

Like several others, Ultraman is my first tokusatsu series. Watched Ultraman Taro on tv way back in the early 1990s as a kid, and the use of miniatures and giant battles fascinated me as a child, and thus planted my love for tokusatsu since. Fortunately, despite the terrible shows both Ultraman Great and Ultraman Powered were, they did not diminish my love for the Ultra series (since they are not original Japanese productions). Also, Ultraman Tiga was also shown on local tv, so the entire decade of the 90s is when I got exposed to and got hooked to the Ultra series. That and since department shops here stock on Ultraman toys, that is where I learn the names of all the other Ultras that I did not get to watch.

I started pretty much the same as Daikomonohashi. I was watching Godzilla and other Toho movies literally since birth (I honestly cannot remember my first Godzilla movie). As I got older, I watched Gamera and other kaiju stuff, but it really wasn't until late high school and college that the Internet community broadened my horizons and got me to watch other varied stuff.

I started watching Ultraman when The Next came out, starting with Tiga and the original series, and shortly after that, Daikomonohashi introduced me to Kamen Rider Blade and Kamen Rider W, stuff which I previously wouldn't have watched on my own accord. Now it's snowballing and I'm pretty much open to anything.

Peek a Boo!
I got interested with tokusatsu because of Ultraman. Everytime I see Ultraman on TV, I was like, "Cool! A giant guy who shoots lasers in his arms! I want to see more of him!" since back then, I had the assumption that Fiveman and Jetman were rip-offs of MMPR, so yeah.

I started pretty much the same as Daikomonohashi. I was watching Godzilla and other Toho movies literally since birth (I honestly cannot remember my first Godzilla movie). As I got older, I watched Gamera and other kaiju stuff, but it really wasn't until late high school and college that the Internet community broadened my horizons and got me to watch other varied stuff.

I started watching Ultraman when The Next came out, starting with Tiga and the original series, and shortly after that, Daikomonohashi introduced me to Kamen Rider Blade and Kamen Rider W, stuff which I previously wouldn't have watched on my own accord. Now it's snowballing and I'm pretty much open to anything.

I think Ultraman was kind of a gateway drug for a lot of Godzilla fans looking to get their fix after Final Wars ended the series.

I watched Spectreman as a kid and that was sorta kinda like Ultraman, and one of the other first toku I saw was Ultraman when they put out a tape with the first couple episodes in the mid-late 90's. It was more PR than them that got me into toku tho.

Eye See You
Has anyone else started watching tokusatsu series because of an Ultra Series?. Not the other sub genres, just Ultraman.

Eye See You
I've wondered that actually. If there was a fan that got into Ultra Q, watched everything, and still lives to this day as an old man with a massive collection.