Never played the remaster. It just didn't sound like much of an upgrade.

I have not but this makes me really curious, but also a little nervous, about trying it. Usually the HD would mean much better but it sounds like maybe not so much here, but I guess there is only one way to find out.

It has a sort of a different feel to it.
Actually I'm not a fan of these HD remasters in general. Devs usually seem to just slap high resolution textures on old assets and call it an upgrade but it ends up looking worse to my eyes.

Actually I'm not a fan of these HD remasters in general. Devs usually seem to just slap high resolution textures on old assets and call it an upgrade but it ends up looking worse to my eyes.
I agree HD remasters in general give a new feeling to the game.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
The HD Remaster of FFX had improved soundtrack in my opinion. Although it was also quite unfortunate that only the main characters' faces were updated to HD.

If I remembered correctly, I think twice is the number of times that I have played the HD remaster of Final Fantasy X. It's quite true that the sound track was really improved in the version of the game but the updating of just the faces of the main character in the game made it look like a child's play or that the developers aren't such of what they were doing.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Well, to me, they were being cheap about updating only the faces of the main characters. Not enough budget lol.

I totally agree with you here, it's doing an incomplete job by just updating few main character faces in the HD remaster of Final Fantasy X. Yes, other phases of the game looked cool, like the soundtrack and the environmental graphics but not extending it to all the characters in the is a poor finishing to the upgrade of HD remaster version of the game.

No, I have not played the HD remastered version of Final Fantasy X but I have seen the complete walkthrough of the game on Youtube. The graphics are a little bit cleaner than the original but overall, I would say the graphics haven't changed drastically. There are, however, a few new items and character abilities that were not found in the original version. Also, there were some changes to the soundtrack, which I do not mind. The changes do not ruin the awesome original soundtrack but rather enhances it! I think anyone looking to play Final Fantasy X again or even for the first time, the HD remastered version is a great version to play.

I haven't because I wasn't sure how it would alter my perception of the original. Generally remakes do that but there are some rare exceptions like the super early FF games. As for 10...not sure. I'm sure it can't be too bad so I'll get to it someday, been kinda meaning to but have held off for a bit.