Really wanted to bought one of this when I was on japan. although their copy was on Japanese Language, I don't know If that has choices in which you can play it on English Language that's why I didn't bought it. I know I can't give a good review for this. although I see that they made some changes in the game? such as OST? hmm.. I like to buy a copy for myself.

I had it on my PS4 and as much as I wanted to play it I just couldn't. Because I remember how long it took me to beat it on the PS2. I spent 95hrs playing the game on the PS2 when I finally beat it. And these days I just don't have 95hrs to sit around and play video games.

P.S. If this was 10 years ago when I had unlimited free time I would have definitely replayed it again.

Cost is the main thing that limit my going for HD games, it's always too costly but I won't blame anyone going for it because it's fun and gives a lot of excitement when playing. I'm yet to play this particular game in its HD version but definitely I will play it one day.

Cost is the main thing that limit my going for HD games, it's always too costly but I won't blame anyone going for it because it's fun and gives a lot of excitement when playing. I'm yet to play this particular game in its HD version but definitely I will play it one day.
Well, I have to agree with you, $39.99 for a game that is 16 years old does seem excessive. When I bought my copy it was on sale for $19.99 and even that seems like too much for such an old game. But they are going to keep making them as long as people keep paying these crazy prices.

Well, I have to agree with you, $39.99 for a game that is 16 years old does seem excessive. When I bought my copy it was on sale for $19.99 and even that seems like too much for such an old game. But they are going to keep making them as long as people keep paying these crazy prices.

When compared to the cost of the game currently, I would say that you got the game at a very good time. I really wish I could have been that lucky to get it back then. Maybe I would get lucky and have a friend who might wanna sell his own, then I would gladly purchase it at a lower cost.

I never knew there was a remastered version of FFX. I would be interested in playing if I could but sadly I've switched over to using XBOX consoles after my PlayStation 2. A little disappointed that the HD Remastered version isn't available for the XBOX One! :( I see Walmart has it available for $17.50 for PlayStation 4, which in my opinion isn't a bad price considering that it is one of my favorite games that I really would like to replay.

I've always been a big fan of the the sound track for FFX so it excites me that there were some upgrades regarding that, as well as the extra game play add-ons. I see others mentioning that only a few of the characters faces were touched up. Why go through the trouble to touch up the scenery and music but not the rest of the character graphics? Who knows... I still would definitely give the game a go if I had the option too but I can't afford another console at the moment.

The HD Remaster of FFX had improved soundtrack in my opinion. Although it was also quite unfortunate that only the main characters' faces were updated to HD.

Buh-buh-buh-but the textures looked improved on everything else in the trailers. Dang. Looks like I know I'm not gonna pick this back up then, especially the X-2 remaster. Ah well, one time playing through that game was all I needed, really.

Administrator
Staff member
The gameplay is pretty much the same but the graphics indeed improved. The NPC's though remained on lower definition. I guess they think most people won't notice so they ignored that minor detail.

Oh you would be surprised by what people will notice, no matter how minor. I bet we all can point to someone we know there, at least I can.

No , I have not played the remastered version of Final Fantasy 10, but I have studied a few of the videos on YouTube and some other online reviews, and it seems the gameplay has remained unchanged. Also the graphics have improved and the music as been rearranged as well- another great thing,is all the extra goodies that have been added to this Final Fantasy 10 remaster,and that has really improved this game as well!

Last edited: