Has anyone else started watching tokusatsu series because of an Ultra Series?

It's over 8,000!
My first post!

I'm old. I started watching "The Space Giants" (Magma Taishi) as a kid and fell in love with the genre! It's still my favorite (I know... I can't help it! As an old hippy, something about a 50 foot robot with 20 foot long hair just appeals to me!!) That led me to Ultraman (original 1966 series) and Jonny Sokko (Giant Robo), which led to all the Godzilla and Gamera Movies - followed by "Anything with a Rubber Suit Monster in it!"

I took a long time off, but recently rediscovered the joy of Kaiju stuff both new and old.

I watch a lot of really old black and white stuff like Akuma Kun, Kappa No Sanpei, and Ultra Q, plus some of the newer Kamen Rider, Ultra-Folk, and whatever else falls into my lap.

I found my way here, and now I suspect I'll be discovering even more stuff to keep me from doing responsible-adult things :thumbs:

This is something I've been wanting to see. I think reading this made my day. :D

I started with the Ultra movie The Next and then the very first Ultra series because I am a Godzilla fan.

That's awesome.