In Justice, We Trust!
Honestly...I had no problems that they didn't bring back ALL of the original Actors....and I don't see what the big issue is either

I'm starting to think that this might also be the reasoning for not wanting to bring back too many of the original actors, because they didn't want to take the spot light off from Decade.

I don't think that's quite right. If the actors were available easily, they could have brought them back in secondary roles without overshadowing Decade. They did bring back several of them without overshadowing him, after all. They just would stay in short secondary roles, not taking the spotlight.

That said, I guess they probably could have featured more original actors, but it'd just hurt the consistency of the show. There's a reason they made Decade's Wataru a kid, even though Kiva had just finished airing. They wanted to make it obvious to the audience that those words were AUs, they weren't trying to hide that.

Then they should have done something ELSE. It was stupid to bring back the costumes, but not the worlds OR the actors. It wasn't ambitious--it was a slap in the face.

I disagree. The 9 initial worlds generally WERE clearly alternate takes on the previous series, besides maybe Ryuuki's, although at least it still kept the focus on a Rider battle. It's not like they were generic ideas that could have easily fit in with any costume.

The concept of alternate takes on stories aren't slaps on anyone's face. So, why would Decade's AUs be an offense?

I can understand complaining about Diend's summons. They were just a stupid concept meant to increase the fanservice, but complaining about AUs in general makes no sense.

They made the character into a joke, no way.

Blame that on the writers :shakefist

I think he had potential to be the new Kuuga especially around the Kiva arc. He was acting very Godai-ish trying to help Wataru get back on his feet and befriending him.

Then the writers turned him to the useless sidekick character :nono:

He deserves better than that!

I'm starting to think that this might also be the reasoning for not wanting to bring back too many of the original actors, because they didn't want to take the spot light off from Decade.

That is such a lame, cheap, and demeaning excuse on Toei's part. If Tsubaraya can constantly bring back Ultra alumni for their shows, movies and specials, there really is no good excuse Toei can provide for not trying to do the same. This is more likely just them not giving a damn and thinking the fanbase is a bunch of schmucks who just like the cool costumes and not the characters. Maybe Aikawa read a bad fanfic once and for reasons unknown decided to adapt it into Decade >>

Cho Den-O and Decade is a living proof of that and they didn't even bring Takeru Sato back yet.

Then they probably shouldn't have even made another Den-O movie. Other than Final Countdown (which has problems of its own) there really shouldn't have even been any more Den-O movies. None of them are of any use to the Den-O saga. They're just another cheap stunt to shove the Imajins down the audience's throat.

But then again, Den-O was never really about the humans anyway. Just a bad attempt to make a wacky anime and masquerade it as a KR entry.>>

Yeah it was, It was a slap in the face to not see Onodera ride the Beatchaser, to not see Another Agito, to not see Hibiki Kuernai and Blade Jack form. Or Ichijo and Ozawa.

But it is unrealistic to expect so much. I think. I wish they included a bit more though

If Toei could get the main Hibiki and Den-O casts back for Decade, I am very skeptical of the idea that they couldn't obtain the stars of all nine previous Heisei shows and do a proper anniversary treat.

Lurker
I dont think of Onodera as a replacement of Godai, just another version of the character, and I like both versions.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
This.
Godai is the best :thumbs:

I concur wholeheartedly. Godai was number 1.

I only felt it was lacking in only some worlds without the originals. Mostly Hibki and Kuuga. Hosokawa and Odagiri were what the made the Hibiki and Godai great, and it sorta took away from it. But hey, thats just me, I'm sure some were fine with the AU Hibiki and Kuuga.

It would have been cool to have all the original riders teach Decade how to be one or something instead of him destroying the worlds etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Then they should have done something ELSE. It was stupid to bring back the costumes, but not the worlds OR the actors. It wasn't ambitious--it was a slap in the face.

It was an attempt to try something that was never done before. Besides Toei knew that they couldn't bring every old actor from the last 10 years as much as they wanted to.

Banned
He was different, and i think that was the whole point.

I'm just gald we saw any OU riders at all, let alone Wataru, Kazuma, Shoichi (for all of 5 seconds) and Kotaro Minami.