You know, I read in TV Tropes' Wild Mass Guessing that some fans believe "The Kuuga World containing Yusuke Godai was the first to be destroyed by Decade's creation". I know it might not be true, but it is something to think about. It would explain why Onodera is still around, even after the merging of the nine worlds. After Godai's death, Onodera was created so he could replace Godai and become the new Kuuga.

I don't think that's quite right. If the actors were available easily, they could have brought them back in secondary roles without overshadowing Decade. They did bring back several of them without overshadowing him, after all. They just would stay in short secondary roles, not taking the spotlight.

That said, I guess they probably could have featured more original actors, but it'd just hurt the consistency of the show. There's a reason they made Decade's Wataru a kid, even though Kiva had just finished airing. They wanted to make it obvious to the audience that those words were AUs, they weren't trying to hide that.

I disagree. The 9 initial worlds generally WERE clearly alternate takes on the previous series, besides maybe Ryuuki's, although at least it still kept the focus on a Rider battle. It's not like they were generic ideas that could have easily fit in with any costume.

The concept of alternate takes on stories aren't slaps on anyone's face. So, why would Decade's AUs be an offense?

I can understand complaining about Diend's summons. They were just a stupid concept meant to increase the fanservice, but complaining about AUs in general makes no sense.

It's just that the hardcore fans can't accept that they are different versions of the Riders that we've known for the last 10 years, except for Den-O. In fact most of the original stories have already been told, where some of original 10 either lost or retired their powers. I see the alternates as the sucessors to their legacy.

While it's true that they're nothing like the originals, the last thing I want them to do is act to much like them. If they want to contine where their predecessors left off, they have to take those identities and make them their own.

Super Moderator
What did you guys think of Kuuga #2?. Was the actor a good choice to replace Joe Odagiri's Kuuga?.

There is no replacement. Period.

Aside from that they just are not the same character. Godai's whole thing is completely different.

In the case of Onedera I would say that it started off ok. They established a different Kuuga but the story that introduced him felt like the writer was actually mindful of and gave a **** in regards to what Kuuga was about even if Onedera was not Godai. The dyanmic between Ondera and Yashiro was a genuinely interesting twist of the Godai/Ichijo dynamic.

However, as the series goes on he's relegated to what amounts to little more than a sort of half-ass Jimmy Olsen who barely ever gets to henshin and when he does it's for something totally bullshit like Rising Ultimate.

The actor was a good choice for who Onedera was. He would have been a horrible choice to play Godai.

As an actor yeah. I'm ok with all the alternate Rider actor's that aren't 8 years old.
As a Rider no. If you count all the time's he fought a monster(except for all-rider movie team-ups) he's only won like 2 fights. The ones in his world and the final fight in Shinkenger's world. There was even a time when he went to save Hibiki and Hibiki ended up saving him! THE ****?!

As an actor yeah. I'm ok with all the alternate Rider actor's that aren't 8 years old.
As a Rider no. If you count all the time's he fought a monster(except for all-rider movie team-ups) he's only won like 2 fights. The ones in his world and the final fight in Shinkenger's world. There was even a time when he went to save Hibiki and Hibiki ended up saving him! THE ****?!

You forgot when he destroyed the Propheta Cruentus in Amazon's World, as well as when he and Diend Rider Kicked the Beetle Fangire and Phylloxera Worm respectively in the Rider War World.

Last edited:
It was an attempt to try something that was never done before. Besides Toei knew that they couldn't bring every old actor from the last 10 years as much as they wanted to.

Why do you assume they really wanted to? They certainly could have if they tried hard enough. As I said:

If Toei could get the main Hibiki and Den-O casts back for Decade, I am very skeptical of the idea that they couldn't obtain the stars of all nine previous Heisei shows and do a proper anniversary treat.

They call her one-eye
I just don't understand the need in making Onodera a main cast member. most of the time he was just so useless and pointless, basically becoming the running joke of the show. He was fine and dandy in his arc but when he jumped aboard the KR Tardis he became the comic relief of the show and I, im some strange way, just see that in bad taste.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
If Toei could get the main Hibiki and Den-O casts back for Decade, I am very skeptical of the idea that they couldn't obtain the stars of all nine previous Heisei shows and do a proper anniversary treat.

I agree with this statement as well.

Not to mention that I disagree with everyone's statement about "bringing back the Original Rider would shove Decade in the shadows." Look @ Black/RX World, they were able to bring back The Minami Kotaro, the original himself, and it didn't shove Decade into the shadows at all.

****, they even had Seto Koji as Kurenai Wataru in the very first god damn episode of the series. Hence why I still frown upon the Kiva World episodes to this day BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAD THE ORIGINAL KIVA IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!

Toei was willing to bring back a majority of the original Riders back, they just didn't have the balls to gut their wallets out AND DO IT

^Technically they brought back two Minami Kotaro's and that still didn't overshadow Decade.
You forgot when he destroyed the Propheta Cruentus in Amazon's World, as well as when he and Diend Rider Kicked the Beetle Fangire and Phylloxera Worm respectively in the Rider War World.

My mistake so that's like 4 out like 15....way to save the world Rider.....