Why do you assume they really wanted to? They certainly could have if they tried hard enough. As I said:

If Toei could get the main Hibiki and Den-O casts back for Decade, I am very skeptical of the idea that they couldn't obtain the stars of all nine previous Heisei shows and do a proper anniversary treat.

Toei brought the Den-O cast back... but not the actual Ryotaro and even Zeronos' actor only appeared for a cameo in the Den-O movie, not Decade itself.

Yes, they can bring back the less notable actors, but their ability to bring back everyone, especially at a moment that fit with the timing of the production, is doubtful.

Toei's recent magical girl franchise, Pretty Cure, started having crossover movies between multiple series... and Toei does bring everyone back, multiple complete teams. However, that's an anime, which only has VAs. I'm pretty sure that, if it were just as easy to gather the actors, they'd have done it once at least. Even with Decade's current set up, that would have been possible in the series finale, All Riders, or even Movie Wars.

****, they even had Seto Koji as Kurenai Wataru in the very first god damn episode of the series. Hence why I still frown upon the Kiva World episodes to this day BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAD THE ORIGINAL KIVA IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!

The premise was about Decade traveling around in alternate worlds. They could have featured the original actor in that episode, and it'd probably have been pretty easy, but it'd be just inconsistent from a creative standpoint.

Really, if they HAD brought him back, people would be accusing Toei of acting like the audience was stupid and wouldn't notice that almost everyone but the newest Rider had been recasted.

AU Wataru probably ended up as a kid just to make it completely clear to any members of the audience that it wasn't the original continuity. People had just watched Kiva, after all.

Last edited:
I always thought they went with the alternate's because if they couldn't get every Rider cast back it would just end up being inconsistent. What made me mad is that they got the Hibiki cast back but left out the TWO MAIN CHARACTERS! Why do something so half assed?! Just replace everyone instead of teasing us like that.

Lurker
I always thought they went with the alternate's because if they couldn't get every Rider cast back it would just end up being inconsistent. What made me mad is that they got the Hibiki cast back but left out the TWO MAIN CHARACTERS! Why do something so half assed?! Just replace everyone instead of teasing us like that.

Something to this. Also the possible mindset of not being able to separate them from the original show. I was fine with the AU characters, recognizing a different version of this character freely. Later on the could've brought them back like with Blade and Kiva but that can be due to actor or budget constraints. Actor importance diminish when you have a bunch of expensive suits to be re-produced.

AU Wataru probably ended up as a kid just to make it completely clear to any members of the audience that it wasn't the original continuity. People had just watched Kiva, after all.
I was curious if they should have introduced Kiva's world later on to better breathe in the idea of alternate realities. Felt quite soon and put more of a shock in introduction.

Last edited:
What did you guys think of Kuuga #2?. Was the actor a good choice to replace Joe Odagiri's Kuuga?.

I like him from a Comedic perspective. Especially when he turns into Ultimate Kuuga, and totally is out of Character with that evil smile.

Henshin =]

I wonder how people would have reacted if Toei had brought back the actors it could get (probably Shouichi's, Takumi's, Kenzaki's and Wataru's, as far as main characters go) and made everyone else stock footage and suit only, with Decade traveling between the original worlds in this scenario...

In some worlds, you'd get Decade interacting with the main Rider all the time... in others, the main Rider would be barely there. From week to week, the reactions probably would be pretty bad at times.

The AU option was a more elegant solution, but people still complain about it...

Last edited:
They should of had more fun with Onodera...I mean being G3-X and Den-O Sword Form was close to it.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Actor importance diminish when you have a bunch of expensive suits to be re-produced.

Do you think they have a warehouse somewhere in Tokyo that stores all of the Kamen Rider Suits and Bikes and Weapons and monsters? I dont think they reproduced new ones. I mean, look in the Rider War sequence, I'm pretty sure they're just being re-used.

Lurker
Do you think they have a warehouse somewhere in Tokyo that stores all of the Kamen Rider Suits and Bikes and Weapons and monsters? I dont think they reproduced new ones. I mean, look in the Rider War sequence, I'm pretty sure they're just being re-used.

How they kept the Showa-era suits in good condition? There's also the new suits introduced but that 's normal for a average KR show.

Odagiri would rather dress up as a banana for a cm than reprise his role as a children's super hero.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
How they kept the Showa-era suits in good condition? There's also the new suits introduced but that 's normal for a average KR show.

Yeah, the Showa-era suits as well. The original bikes too. Like V3's Hurricane. ( I think thats what its called. ) or the Trychaser.

Man, if there was ever was a place like, it'd be just like the Batcave. With every single Kamen Rider prop ever used.