2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, this is by far the worst series I have ever seen. So you mean to say this series is on par with W? This series tries to juggle way too many themes and motifs and handles them all poorly. The dancing bit would have been cool if these kids could really dance. Then to top it off the dance theme is stepped on by the Inves battles. Then you got these poor guys walking around in fruit suits...which IMO are the worst designed Kamen Riders to date. This alone stops it from being one of the best Neo Heisei stories.

By the second quarter of W I was pretty invested in the characters and their plights, but in this series I couldn't care less what happens to anyone (Not like anything would happen to them anyway being that the threat level in this series is almost nonexistent). There are even characters in this show that you tune in every week wishing and praying they would have their Rider Systems taken or destroyed. The lead playing Gaim is doing all he can with a crap character, crap designs, crap character development, and super crappy co-stars. I feel sorry for the guy to have to say, "yea, I was the Rider with an orange on his head".

You have the right to your opinion, but I could never say this series is one of the best of the Heisei series.

Well looks like we have a hater here, you seem to have the level of hate towards Gaim as I do towards Fourze...:laugh:
 
I'm sorry, this is by far the worst series I have ever seen. So you mean to say this series is on par with W? This series tries to juggle way too many themes and motifs and handles them all poorly. The dancing bit would have been cool if these kids could really dance. Then to top it off the dance theme is stepped on by the Inves battles. Then you got these poor guys walking around in fruit suits...which IMO are the worst designed Kamen Riders to date. This alone stops it from being one of the best Neo Heisei stories.

By the second quarter of W I was pretty invested in the characters and their plights, but in this series I couldn't care less what happens to anyone (Not like anything would happen to them anyway being that the threat level in this series is almost nonexistent). There are even characters in this show that you tune in every week wishing and praying they would have their Rider Systems taken or destroyed. The lead playing Gaim is doing all he can with a crap character, crap designs, crap character development, and super crappy co-stars. I feel sorry for the guy to have to say, "yea, I was the Rider with an orange on his head".

You have the right to your opinion, but I could never say this series is one of the best of the Heisei series.

Fascinating. My opinions are pretty much the polar opposite of yours.

- Numerous themes and motives executed well and tied together flawlessly.
- Brilliant characters, well written character interactions and solid development. Characters have different philosophies, and the show works well with all of them. None of them feel overused or underused.
- Story is masterfully written. It keeps great pace, constantly alludes to the main plot in every episode that keeps the viewer sufficiently interested without giving too much away.
- Gorgeously designed, creative suits that look great in action.
- Invested in the characters and and exceedingly intrigued to see the story develop further.

Overall, in my honest opinion, I have to say that it's shaping up to be one of the most intriguing, engaging and smartly written KR shows in a long time. Gaim has successfully broken free of several formulaic trends set by bast KR shows while still embracing many of the beloved KR tropes, reinventing them and keeping them fresh.
 
*Cries cheese*

Yes, it's not Agito/Kuuga which had people dying by the thousands every episode but.. I dunno... leaving powerful weapons in the hands of immature kids sounds like a fair enough threat to me.

I guess your comment was meant to be a sarcastic one, but your statement about giving powerful weapons to teens would make since if these kids were out misusing the belts or doing villainous things. They are simply out having Inves battles which go wrong every now and then. The society within this Rider world feels like it is in no real danger, and this is the reason I said what I said. Even when the Inves turn on the Riders it never feels like there will be any real danger to them or their world.

The last episode showed how mature Gaim was when he broke away from Micchy to save the people from the Inves. This episode showed that no matter his age Gaim is ready to be a Rider. Again, your comment about giving immature kids powers makes no sense here.
 
I guess your comment was meant to be a sarcastic one, but your statement about giving powerful weapons to teens would make since if these kids were out misusing the belts or doing villainous things. They are simply out having Inves battles which go wrong every now and then. The society within this Rider world feels like it is in no real danger, and this is the reason I said what I said. Even when the Inves turn on the Riders it never feels like there will be any real danger to them or their world.

The last episode showed how mature Gaim was when he broke away from Micchy to save the people from the Inves. This episode showed that no matter his age Gaim is ready to be a Rider. Again, your comment about giving immature kids powers makes no sense here.

... It's a Kid's show. Urobochi said he wasn't doing something "grim dark". He said whenever he picked up the pen, he only ended up torturing his characters, so he's doing a light hearted show for a change.

As for the whole "it not being a real danger", woah, let's put you in those situations when you were a young teen who doesn't know better and isn't in front of the computer typing.

Also, it's about "Growing up", remember, Western culture is different form the East. We don't make rash decisions because of the things our adults have taught us, which is why a lot of things are struggle day to day, because it's always family's first. Western kids keep saying "age doesn't matter", but it does, because the adults who do know better experienced the exact same situation before them, that's why they warned the kids. Ignoring an adult's advice is a stage of denial when it's the exact thing getting in the way of what you want, which gives other adults who see this hungry look on your face, and can give you exactly the tools you need without ever questioning how or why. Giving power to people who would misuse them almost right away while your intentions as a multimillion cooperation would easily track it back to Yggdrasil. What better way than to give it to kids who have no self confidence in such a world and let them through their silly squabbles, while you take note about how they act to perfect your own thing?

If you want a show with a real threat, I suggest you pick up some other series. This is a story about people learning to distinguish their priorities as they try and figure out their place in this world while still being in teenagers.
 
*Cries cheese*.

????:sweat: What the hell does that supposed to mean?:sly:

But anyways. We all seem to have our own opinions concerning Gaim. You either love it or you hate it. I feel like there's no threat and I'm sticking to that until I see otherwise. I'm not looking for it to be on the level of Kuuga nor Agito. I see no threat. Like I said we'll eventually see what kind of series Gaim will turn out to be. I'm remaining skeptical.

*Cries cheese*:laugh:
 
Last edited:
But anyways. We all seem to have our own opinions concerning Gaim. You either love it or you hate it. I feel like there's no threat and I'm sticking to that until I see otherwise. I'm not looking for it to be on the level of Kuuga nor Agito. I see no threat.

I agree, either you like it or you hate it. I gave my reasons so I wouldn't look like a blind hater. No one has to feel the way I do, but just cause you quote me and tell me your OPINION doesn't mean it will change my mind...just as I know my OPINION will not change yours. We should be able to voice our opinions about this show whether they be positive or negative.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top