Kamen Rider Wizard, Ep 14 - "The Return of the Film Director"

The phantoms have been acting in such a stupid and innefficient way though...

How so? If it was just Wiseman and no one else (where people got possessed by Phantoms but were later freed by Wizard), then that could be. But clearly there are people who weren't saved. So it all depends on whether or not Wizard and friends can save the day. Wherever Wizard isn't, Phantoms can take over Gates without interference.

[HIDE]Just because an old hero comes back doesn't mean it's in a way we are to expect it. They felt it was fitting and went with it.[/HIDE]

[HIDE]These people think a lot of things are fitting. That doesn't make everything they do an act of genius, or even good.[/HIDE]

How so? If it was just Wiseman and no one else (where people got possessed by Phantoms but were later freed by Wizard), then that could be. But clearly there are people who weren't saved. So it all depends on whether or not Wizard and friends can save the day. Wherever Wizard isn't, Phantoms can take over Gates without interference.

That's exactly the problem though. Unlike the Gaia Memory situation, for example, which was quickly shown to be large in scale with W only taking care of the cases he happened to run into, the operation of the Phantoms shown so far seems to be much smaller.

They're seemingly focusing on just one gate at a time and Wizard is always there to stop them, with the other phantoms just doing random evil things before they're forced to target a gate by Phoenix and Medusa. That seems an extremely inneficient way to do things. Either they need to reveal that there's more going on than what we've seen so far, or that the phantoms are being set up to fight against Wizard, rather than to actually create more phantoms from random gates.

That's exactly the problem though. Unlike the Gaia Memory situation, for example, which was quickly shown to be large in scale with W only taking care of the cases he happened to run into, the operation of the Phantoms shown so far seems to be much smaller.

They're seemingly focusing on just one gate at a time and Wizard is always there to stop them, with the other phantoms just doing random evil things before they're forced to target a gate by Phoenix and Medusa. That seems an extremely inefficient way to do things.

There's nothing showing that though. The fact that there are Phantoms besides the bosses means that there are Gates that ended up being reborn as monsters. Maybe the other Phantoms are going after Gates off-screen, and the ones we do see aren't doing anything at the moment. We don't know. Though it would be nice if the show mentioned this.

I'll wait to see where they go on that. We know that they've been hunting gates when Wizard is not around. Episode 11 showed that and Phoenix apparently killed a gate. So they definitely do things even when Haruto doesn't get in their way.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I personally liked the little nod to Ultimatum and thought that Urasawa's plot twist was great. I am glad Urasawa wrote the crossover and Wizard portion too, definitely stays in the vein of Fushigi Comedy for sure.

^ What exactly was the Poitrine TV show (Or was it just a segment of a TV show? Was Fushigi Comedy like other shows with a new entry each year?) about anyway? Or the comics if there are any?

Friendship and the Cosmos.
It was like Kamen Rider or Sentai and has new entries every year. Poitrine ran in 1991. The only one that was remotely close to any Fushigi comedy I've seen is Robocon, but it's really just your generic kids show. (Experts on Fushigi Comedy can correct me however). Poitrine is a show about a high school girl named Murakami Yuko who is granted powers by god and she fights monsters.

It was a show that had many Rider/Sentai staff working on it. Takadera did Poitrine, as well Urasawa who later did Carranger wrote Poitrine.

No Fear, No Pain.
Wiseman could indeed be White Wizard, though I hope not. Of course they could be pulling a Kougami with him also. A guy with some ambition that includes helping both the Phantoms and Haruto. Making them fight and helping them grow stronger to accomplish his greater schemes. This would make sense since it seems phantoms are born with a set amount of strength, so the only way to make them stronger is to create more of them and hope for a few power hourses like Medua and Phoenix. Haruto, and probably mages in general, gain more power as they grow closer to their phantoms, or so I suppose. I'm thinking Wizard's final form will have something to do with turning the Dragon into an...reverse phantom...so to speak. A being of hope versus one of despair, but I regress.

I doubt Waiseman and White Wizard are the same being though since they seem to have different personalities. Wiseman seems kind of over bearing and heavy while the White Wizard seems calmer, and perhaps worse for wear. Of course that is just the initial feelings I got from the two in their total screen time of thirty seconds each....

I do look forward to watching this episode though since it sounds very cool.

レイモン (雷蒙)
It makes sense given it gives Haruto the ability to use a Phantom's power in the real world.

So it's like Wiseman takes out a Magic Stone, then somehow White Wizard delievers to Haruto for his Dragon Styles since the beginning of Flame Dragon.