"Uchuu Keiji" Zaido - Talkback {Starts: Sept 24}

I'm still waiting for this indie toku you'll make to top the zaido of gma7...

As I said, I'm gonna write a script. As of now I am consulting other toku fans whether or not to use the name Deniron (later changed to Juspion). and Researching some names and possible plots. (something Filipino writers seem unable to do...)

Deniron is supposed to be derived from Robert De Niro. Shaider from Roy Scheider and Gavan from Jean Gabin. An uchu keiji name should come from a star in an action movie. Hmmm forgot to include that in my "rules" for Uchuu Keiji...


oh and a GREAT example of fan toku: http://www.francefive.com

They even got Akira Kushida to sing the song! http://youtube.com/watch?v=rEf9unzJhr4
but when they started, everything was so primitive: but at least they came up with an interesting story!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfKdNZCVMXg
 
Last edited:
QFT. It's beginning to become really funny now.

If you want Shaider... then watch Shaider. This is Zaido. I love the drama in it. Anyone who was expecting Zaido to be like Shaider went into this with their hopes too high.

Even though the shows are linked I still consider them different. Oh well.

BRING ON SOME MORE ZAIDO!

Hahaha, yup. SHaider here, shaider there, it was better than this, they raped my childhood, they ruined the legacy, everything's almost the same. hehehehehe.
:sweat:
I just don't know when these recycled posts and opinions ends. Until Zaido ends? Nooo!???
 
i just hope that we dont' generalize. Im an 80's baby so it just happens that I am a hardcore shaider, bioman, maskman fan way back. And maybe, those shaider funs are just so nostalgic that they are stuck with the past and can't accept that things are changing now.

Not all shaider fans hate zaido. Im one of them that doesn't.:thumbs:
 
Kouji kabuto, I just can see the reason why you should post those comments of other people here. Is it to show that your opinion is right because others also see it that way? Again, im not telling you that what you see on the show is wrong. It's how you perceive it and I can't do anything with that. But posting those ultra negative comments from other sites about the show, and then telling that there are no positive comments(although I saw some but admittedly lesser) will not make the show better and will just give the foreign viewers the negative vibes that these feel-good pinoys are trying to put into.

Why don't we just let the other people here to LIKE the show and is it not enough already that you posted a lot of times that this show is not good and very much below your standard and you need to get the comments of others as your backup?
 
Rounin was potentially good, but unfortunately, the viewers thought otherwise. Last time I checked, 70% of the population is in poverty, and hence not everyone has access, let alone the means to watch Tokusatsu and Sentai shows. The only exposure are Filipino-dubbed Sentais and of course, Shaider and Gavan. That was on the 80's. Quality of shows have been going slightly downhill from the 90's onward, especially on the 90's with the prolification of sex-oriented movies. Then there's the thing on choosing actors. Other than the REALLY good actors back on the golden age of Filipino cinema on the 50's to 70's, teen actors and actresses here are most of the time taken in not mainly for talent, but for good looks. Then there's actor exclusivity in contracts (actors in one network can't appear on TV shows on another as long as the contract stands), then the famous Filipino Crab Mentality ("if I can't have it, then you can't too" philosophy). Since most Filipinos are poor, they can't watch Toku as much as we do, so they're not "educated" (for lack of better term).

So networks do what any normal businessmen would do: make money. How do you make money? By making shows that they're sure people will watch. What do people watch? Cheesy love stories, predictable violent shooting movies, and drama shows that will earn you a "Filipino Emmy" just for getting slapped for real. Unfortunately that's what most Filipinos want, because that's what they see all the time. They can't see CSI, Ghost Whisperer, or whatever other western shows because they have no means to. So what "sucks" to us who have access to "better quality programming" is cool to them, and that's the sad part.

That's why you will always see people who will hate Zaido for any reason they can pull off from their hats, they can't be blamed. Now the question is, how deep their bitching will be. So my philosophy was I'll just sit down, shut up and just watch Gekiranger and other better Tokusatsu. That way I won't be contributing to the negativity, after all, I have access to "better programming", they don't. Sucks for them, but that's life.

Which goes back to Rounin's failure. Audiences weren't interested. Rounin didn't have that soapy cheesiness to it etc. that Zaido had. It's what the masses want. Those who appreciate Rounin aren't numerous enough to earn the ratings that the network requires from their programs, and hence it was cut. Really sad.
 
Last edited:
Deniron is supposed to be derived from Robert De Niro. Shaider from Roy Scheider and Gavan from Jean Gabin. An uchu keiji name should come from a star in an action movie. Hmmm forgot to include that in my "rules" for Uchuu Keiji...

Zaido might be a Portmanteau or onomatopoeia (In Title terms). but what about Sharivan? What was that named after?
 
The reason why Rounin failed its because they didn't like the cast(they've concentrated too much on Shaina-Rayver loveteam angle in the series which really sucked badly) and the fact that the action scenes are totally distorted or it was shooted badly(it can cause severe dizziness) which was the worse that i've seen in my whole life....

Zaido?I think alot of non-Shaider and Shaider fans loved it because of the cast and not because of the story and quality itself.

BTW Gavan was aired here in the 90's(1995 to 2001 to be exact on ABC 5 and SOLAR USA) not in the 80's.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top