Banned
Ok, watched the first 2.....and the HK subs are BAD.
Calling the Space Crime Organization "The devil"
Saying Gavan works at a "Racing" club
horrid grammar everywhere.
X_X

Still, it's a great show!

Mad Skillz
That is why they are HK subs. :p I figured I'd toss them out as option even if they're bad. I think they call Don Horror Tonhoula or something.

It is very odd. The Space Sheriff trilogy seems to have the same translators. The subs for Gavan and Sharivan are your typical HK subs, but the ones for Shaider are actually near 100% accurate :hmm:

Mad Skillz
Episode 2 was a lot of fun, pretty light on the story, but I enjoyed seeing the action coming off a show like Winspector. My favorite moment had to be seeing Gavan nonchalantly tap a grunt on the shoulder and then knock him out, I could watch that for ages. Kenji Ohba really is a great actor when it comes to action scenes like that. I don't think I can ever get tired of seeing Gavan ride around on Dorgiran, just smacking the heck out of spaceships.

All in all, it's been ages since I've seen Gavan, and I've never seen it with decent encodes before, so this is a great way to rewatch it.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Watched the second ep, and even though I love the hell out of Winspector, this episode alone had more fights than the entire run of Winspector. I love me some good 'ol action and this provides it. Retsu seems to have a lot mroe personality and it should be fun to watch. Also, that freakin song. I swear, this is the song I'll use when i need to Man UP in any situation. How could it not pump you up to kick some ass?

Oh, and Shougo, quick question. The bad guy in episode 3, the dude in teh white suit, is he a villian in an older Sentai. I remember seeing a screencap in another thread. I wanna say he's from Battle Fever J, but im not sure.

Would like to change his avatar
The bad guy in episode 3, the dude in teh white suit, is he a villian in an older Sentai.

Yeah, I remember Masashi Ishibashi being in an early episode. (Ishibashi was JAKQ's Iron Claw, Battle Fever's Hedda, Dynaman's Kar, and Turboranger's Reda. He was also the villain of the Gekiranger movie, I can't remember what that character's name was, though.)

I voted for Gavan, but...it's not good that it's the first day and I'm already behind. :laugh:

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Yeah, I remember Masashi Ishibashi being in an early episode. (Ishibashi was JAKQ's Iron Claw, Battle Fever's Hedda, Dynaman's Kar, and Turboranger's Reda. He was also the villain of the Gekiranger movie, I can't remember what that character's name was, though.)

I voted for Gavan, but...it's not good that it's the first day and I'm already behind. :laugh:

Awesome, I knew I recognized him from somewhere.

And dude, at least you arent 10 eps behind like i was on Winspector last month. Dont fall too far behind!

So, with Gavan it's safe to say that the monsters of the week just keep getting stranger and stranger, i've already seen the series but it's been a while. I also have to say Gavan's one dude you don't wanna f**k with :laugh: