Would like to change his avatar
If the movie is actually better than people expected, maybe the flopping is just bad advertising -- I know Toei tried to really drum up interest in the Space Sheriffs around its release with things like the comic and the 30 Year Memorial, but the ads for the actual movie? Really didn't make it look that great. And to make it worse, those two Go-busters episodes were some of the worst episodes of Go-busters, period, and maybe not the best first impression for the new take...

:shrug:

I don't do sense
2.0 should have had a different suit to be a different Uchuu Keiji and the older suits should have been revamped to be in somewhat competition with Hollywood, in my opinion. The CG should not have been so dreadful and Toei should have invested in puppetry or superior CG models alongside the puppetry to make it even more blockbuster material.
Well it was done in a tokusatsu way. Why does Gavan need to stand out in technicalities that much in order to succeed?
Geki's actor isn't nearly as annoying as he seemed in those Go-Busters episodes.
It's like people that made these Go-Busters episodes didn't even read the script of the movie. Geki and Shelly are nothing like what we've seen in Go-Busters, it's hilarious.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I14HofD9wQI"]Space Sheriff Gavan THE MOVIE ? Double Jouchaku - YouTube[/ame]

"Training."
LizardDoubler pretty much got raped by Retsu. He stood no chance against Retsu. Poor thing.

If the movie is actually better than people expected, maybe the flopping is just bad advertising --
I know with the internet we're always looking at box office numbers, and we'd like things to do well so we can get sequels. But the quality of a movie really isn't inherently connected to how much money it makes. We can't really determine anything about the quality of something by how much money it makes.

As for advertising, that's usually what takes the blame if a movie doesn't do well, and sure that is a factor. It's good to have advertising out there for awareness. But sometimes even with a lot of advertising people just don't show up to see it.