Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger: 10 Years After V-Cinema announced

that's not even the reason why Matsuzaka Tori doesn't reprise his role as ShinkenRed anymore. he's doing too well with his acting career for Toei to call him back. that story about him being getting paid so little was just him reminiscing about his days starting out as an actor. it's completely normal.
Sorry I think I worded that poorly. One of the Goraigers (KawagaRaiger? I always forget which one it is) is really popular and regularly gets much better paying work than Sentai. But when he was contacted about 10YA he jumped in because he wanted to do something with his old friends from the show again. My point with ShinkenRed is if he spent the year struggling for food then perhaps it isn't something he looks back on with nothing but good feels. Which is fine, a job is a job and actors aren't obliged to be fans, but is relevant to whether he'd want to come back to do more.

Sorry I think I worded that poorly. One of the Goraigers (KawagaRaiger? I always forget which one it is) is really popular and regularly gets much better paying work than Sentai. But when he was contacted about 10YA he jumped in because he wanted to do something with his old friends from the show again. My point with ShinkenRed is if he spent the year struggling for food then perhaps it isn't something he looks back on with nothing but good feels. Which is fine, a job is a job and actors aren't obliged to be fans, but is relevant to whether he'd want to come back to do more.

ah, gotcha. it really depends on the agency they're tied to. even if Matsuzaka himself doesn't mind coming back for an anniversary cameo, Toei still has to contact his agency to get to him. if they get slammed with a big no, then the deal stops there. Takanashi Rin is another one who is doing so well (and she's also tied to a big shot agency), I don't even think they can get a hold of her.

Dekarangers!! That opening song is really nostalgic...

Well, most of a sentai cast members are usually newbie actors and actresses, so they won't get paid as much...
I think it also depends on the management agency they're signed to.

About the Magirangers, I expect some of the Magirangers to make an appearance some time in Ninninger either in episodes or movie, because Yakumo/Aoninger is a magician

I liked him when he wasn't a god
blasphemy! I felt it was at the peak of the 2000's before the franchise completely went downhill with Boukenger, but I don't think Toei would ever revisit the magician motif. like what Toku Prime predicted, we could see another police team in a few years.

It's drivel teaching that women exist to be wives, girlfriends and mothers, and that the only families that matter are picture-perfect nuclear families with a large number of children. It's basically propaganda. Say what you will about Ninninger, but at least its female characters have lives and interests outside of the home, and it accurately reflects the fact that most Japanese people aren't having many kids these days (and that not everyone lives in a "traditional" family.) Also, why wouldn't we get another magic-themed Sentai? Give it a while longer after Kamen Rider Wizard, but there's no reason not to do it again.

Tori and Rin must be way too expensive for Toei now anyway. If they wouldn't even pay enough to get someone like Shokotan, there's no way they'd get Tori.

About the Magirangers, I expect some of the Magirangers to make an appearance some time in Ninninger either in episodes or movie, because Yakumo/Aoninger is a magician

Why would they? KyoryuGold was a samurai, and yet none of the Shinkengers showed up in Kyoryuger, did they?

Magiranger is still a horrid show ... and the actors of Blue and Shine are both retired. (Maybe they could be convinced to come back though, given that they both did voice work for the Japanese dub of Mystic Force.)

I think a Boukenger 10 Years Later could possibly happen - we've never seen a full cast reunion, but most of them have worked with Toei again since Boukenger ended, plus it was a big anniversary. Beyond that, the only others I can see getting such a movie are maybe Go-onger, Gokaiger, or Kyoryuger (yes, Go-onger wasn't a mega hit, but it did sell a lot of toys)

But Kyoryuger already got "Return" movie (which took place "100 years" after :laugh:).
Still, it would be interesting to see any of those series in reunion movies (even I'm not a fan of any of those shows).
Gokaiger is the only post-Shinken series that didn't get V-Cinema Returns special (since they were too busy fighting Kamen Riders!).

Last edited:
But Kyoryuger already got "Return" movie (which took place "100 years" after :laugh:).
Still, it would be interesting to see any of those series in reunion movies (even I'm not a fan of any of those shows).
Gokaiger is the only post-Shinken series that didn't get V-Cinema Returns special (since they were too busy fighting Kamen Riders!).

Isn't the reason Gokaiger didn't get a Returns special because of Gokaiger Vs Gavan? Each cast is contracted for a set number of movies, but because Gokaiger was an anniversary (and Toei wanted to revive Metal Heroes), it got an extra theatrical movie instead of a V-Cinema

You're quite right, they got 100 Years Later :laugh: Kyoryu was a hit though, so if the cast wanted to do a reunion in 9 years' time it could maybe happen

It's drivel teaching that women exist to be wives, girlfriends and mothers, and that the only families that matter are picture-perfect nuclear families with a large number of children. It's basically propaganda.

I was with you on hating Magiranger until you went to this nonsense again. Why is a woman only worth something if she does "man stuff"? And why is promoting the "ideal" so horrible? God forbid societies want to teach their children something.

(and that not everyone lives in a "traditional" family.)

Neither did any of the family Sentais, actually. So your point is null and void.

I was with you on hating Magiranger until you went to this nonsense again. Why is a woman only worth something if she does "man stuff"? And why is promoting the "ideal" so horrible? God forbid societies want to teach their children something.

I didn't say that characters need to do "man stuff." I said that they should have lives and interests outside of the home. (Even the most devoted of wives or mothers usually have some kind of hobby or activity to do that does not involve their family.) ShinkenPink, for instance, while not my favourite character, had lived independently and had interests unrelated to her goal of becoming a housewife. White Swan got married at the end of the series, but she ran a business and had a life of her own. However, Miyuki and Urara are never given an interest in anything other than motherhood and taking care of the home. The show also contains basically no examples of a woman who doesn't want to marry and have kids; Makito's girlfriend runs a restaurant, but it's suggested she'll eventually quit to marry him. Houka is an idol, but says that she wants to marry a rich guy and give up work. Ideally, a show would give its female characters different ambitions in life, not "they all want to get married" or "they all want to be CEOs", just as the guys get.

Also, there's a difference between a show that teaches, vs a show that feels like propaganda to encourage kids to do what the state wants. I would react the same way to, for instance, a Sentai that was very heavy on environmentalism and had the Rangers promote recycling and so on.

Neither did any of the family Sentais, actually. So your point is null and void.

The absence of one or both parents drove the show's drama, but the heroes had still grown up in a nice neat nuclear family unit with a large number of siblings (and in Magiranger, even though Isamu had been absent for so long, he was still very much a presence in the home: the kids knew about him and talked about him and there were pictures of him prominently displayed in the house, etc.) In the '80s or '90s (with heroes born around 18-25 years previously, when the birth rate wasn't so low), five siblings would be a bit more common. Magiranger was just "Miyuki is the perfect mother so of course she has a large number of children!" Ninninger is closer to modern Japan where most people have fewer children. I think Sentai should move with the times and not encourage kids to regress to the past.

Either way, I still think Magiranger is a horrid show, and don't see why it needs a reunion special. (I don't particularly want to see Boukenger 10 Years Later either, but if this one does well enough, we will probably get it)

Aren't the Magirangers not even human, though? Or at least their parents? That would kind of put a dent in your "perfect mother" statement.

Aren't the Magirangers not even human, though? Or at least their parents? That would kind of put a dent in your "perfect mother" statement.

Miyuki was human, but she'd asked for (and been granted) Heavenly Saint powers after her children were born. She didn't have any superhuman powers of conception!