bCc9aAwz.jpg

SPD: Special Police Dekaranger.
Six police officers who fight crime with cool heads and burning hearts.
Their duty is to battle interplanetary criminals hiding on Earth,
and to protect and serve the people!

But now they have scattered to the winds.
Ten years of time have bestowed different fates upon them,
and lead them to walk various divergent paths...

It's out, it's been subbed, it's READY TO GO! As one of the most popular Sentai seasons of the 2000s, there was some anticipation about this. What did you all think?

called it. this comeback special was done so MUCH better than the Hurricangers. it really felt like I was watching an episode from the original series: the flow of the story, the music, the narration etc. and the actors didn't have to do anything fancy to make it good.

Continuing the Creddie legacy
called it. this comeback special was done so MUCH better than the Hurricangers. it really felt like I was watching an episode from the original series: the flow of the story, the music, the narration etc. and the actors didn't have to do anything fancy to make it good.

I agree! Also one thing that Deka 10 years after have that Hurricanger doesn't? A mecha fight, even if it's just Tetsu doing it one-handedly. =)

This was structurally flawed (bad acting, horrendous pacing, several Deus Ex Machinae), but man I was smiling throughout the episode. I found myself shouting "Hitotsu!" when the moment came.

The actors have become so much more mature, but everyone is still their old self.

Especially Umeko. What a great audience surrogate she was during this special. I thought she was the heart of this one. Kinda creepy seeing mature her in a bath tub, though. Her bathtub scene had a sexual context I never got from the show itself.

They really needed to be in SWAT, though, especially after the fakes were eliminated.

K

kamil88

Dekaranger was first Sentai i watched, it was really nostalgic to see them in action once again, after so many years, when Over Time finish subbing series, gonna watch it again too, it's been almost 8 years

The nostalgia was overwhelming and I just wanted more of them. Dekaranger is still one of my Top 10 Best Sentai list and so despite the flaws the movie may have had, I couldn't care less.

I really appreciated that Deka Red's Fire Squad suit just symbolized that he was in Fire Squad and left it at that. There wasn't an OP upgrade that was going to make the movie extremely "red-centric". Also, there wasn't anyone who got no or insufficient focus. Everyone had their own part in the mission and no one was left out.

Seriously, Dekaranger Forever.

One thing that wasn't in this special: Houji being a sniper.

I thought he was gonna do some sniping when he was running away.

Shyni
My memory of Dekaranger isn't the best (even though I only saw it like three years ago) but I can't say there was anything in this that jumped out as "wrong".

Since it's been almost 10 years since I watched Dekaranger myself, I also felt a heavy rush of nostalgia while watching this. Some parts of the story were a bit questionable (Jasmine being able to teleport now because of what?), but it was so much fun seeing the entire gang back together without missing a beat. The fourth-wall breaking and subtle nods to the fans were tons of fun, too.

It's just fun and an elongated love letter to the fans, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

kuroihikari said:
Kinda creepy seeing mature her in a bath tub, though. Her bathtub scene had a sexual context I never got from the show itself.

Really? I didn't get that vibe at all. It felt no less innocent than it did in the series.